John Ellerman Foundation is an independent, endowed grant maker. Each year, it awards grants of over £5m, funding charities for work which has national significance in the fields of arts, environment and social action; it believes these areas, both separately and together, can make an important contribution to achieving its aim of advancing the wellbeing of people, society and the natural world.
Prospectus is delighted to be leading the foundation's search for a Grants Manager. This is an essential role for the organisation that delivers on all aspects of its grant making, ensuring that it is carried out effectively within the processes and systems used to benefit the stakeholders they work with. The main responsibilities include:
- Processing and sifting through first and second stage applications to the target timescales;
- Monitoring and managing a caseload of multi-year grants and supporting the wider grants portfolio as needed;
- Taking lead responsibility for the grants database;
- Supporting the foundation's policy and external events work; and
- Working to support the needs of the wider Grants Team and organisation.
The Foundation is seeking someone who is passionate about grant making and the charitable and voluntary sector, and enjoys being part of a small, busy and effective team. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or the equivalent, with a track record of working in similar roles. They will be friendly, enjoy working with others and have excellent communication skills, with proven ability to manage stakeholders positively. The role also requires someone who is hard working, efficient and can work independently or as part of a team, whilst managing a varied workload and competing priorities.