Prospectus is delighted to be partnering with Brightside, a leading social mobility charity, in their search for a Head of Business Development to support and drive their next phase of growth.
Brightside creates inspirational online mentoring relationships which help young people make confident and informed decisions about their future. They are recognised as the clear leader in online mentoring and use their years of experience and expertise to reach and inspire young people. Brightside find and train the best mentors, connect them with young people, and support them as they work together through their award-winning online programmes. The charity currently supports over 10,000 young people a year across every region of England.
The Head of Business Development vacancy is a newly created post and comes at an exciting time in the organisation's development, as the charity looks to secure new business by positioning Brightside as a strategic partner for universities to help them meet their demanding new five-year widening participation objectives and targets. Brightside has also just launched its Schools Network - a programme to build long-term relationships with schools in deprived parts of the country to help their students to succeed.
Reporting into the Chief Executive, the Head of Business Development is responsible for leading and managing Brightside's business development approach ensuring sustainable growth in sales and increasing the number of young people that they help. The primary market for Brightside is the higher education sector, and they are also looking to grow their presence in the corporate and charity sectors.
Experience and attributes to include:
- Demonstrable sales experience in a senior business development role, ideally selling to the higher education sector. Experience of selling to corporates or to charities would also be an advantage
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Evidence of ability to understand customer needs and use them to innovate and generate new business ideas
- Top level influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to influence new prospects and manage expectations
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills; including verbal communication skills and the ability to present to external audiences as well as internal stakeholders
- Experience of managing and responding to bids and tenders
- A strong project manager with the ability to secure new long-term partnerships
- Proven planning skills, ability to manage a busy and varied workloads and to work to tight deadlines
- Natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams
- Ambitious and target focussed with a drive to succeed.
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
If shortlisted by Prospectus and selected for interview with Brightside interviews are planned to take place on the dates below:
Panel Interviews (1st stage): Wednesday 4th March
Panel Interviews (2nd stage): Tuesday 10th March