Our client is a leading national charity supporting young minds through innovative therapeutic practice, training and research. Their vision is a world in which children, young people and their families are effectively supported to build on their own strengths to achieve their goals in life.
Overview of the post
The HR Administrator post is part of a small HR team, providing an efficient, proactive and comprehensive HR and payroll service to the Centre. The role would ideally suit someone with experience of working in an HR team within a charity or not-for-profit organisation, who has worked with CIPHR or another HR database. The ability to manage high volume work is essential, as are initiative, attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
Purpose of the post
This role will process the Disclosure and Barring Service renewal applications for existing staff, liaising with both the external processing company and staff, so previous experience of DBS applications is critical. The post-holder will also need to be confident with using HR systems to find and update information. The role is expected to monitor a busy HR inbox to answer queries from line managers and staff, ensuring that HR policies, procedures and standards are applied fairly, reasonably and consistently across the Centre.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process DBS checks for existing staff, ensuring that applications are processed in a timely way and that acceptable ID documents are submitted;
-Draft letters, including contractual changes and references;
- Manage the leaver process;
- Monitor emails received in the HR inbox and reply or forward, as appropriate;
- Ensure all contractual and other employee related documentation, is appropriately filed;
- Monitor staff professional registrations, ensuring they are kept up to date;
- Process annual Board and Executive due diligence checks;
- Update staff entries on the Centre intranet as required;
- Ensure HR processes and actions are carried out in a proactive and timely manner;
- Keep accurate and up to date records in line with HR procedures;
- Carry out other day to day HR generalist work as may be required;
- Contribute to and make suggestions for further improvement of processes and systems.
- Update and maintain the e-learning platform, problem solving technical issues and queries, escalating to the system provider support team when necessary;
- Ensure mandatory Safeguarding Level Two and Three training is completed by clinical staff;
- Arrange First Aider and Mental Health First Aider trainer, working with the Facilities Manager to ensure that we have sufficient cover across the Centre.
Provide support to the rest of the HR team when necessary to cover annual leave or exceptionally busy periods:
- Respond to candidate queries during the on-line application process.
- Carry out pre-employment checks, including references.
This role is initially a 6 month fixed term contract with scope to become permanent.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply by sending a Word copy of your CV.