The Access Project (TAP) is an innovative education charity that helps bright young people from disadvantaged backgrounds beat the odds and secure places at top universities. A dedicated school-based staff member mentors students so they have the knowledge and support to make strong university applications. TAP also trains and supports volunteers to be exceptional tutors who work with a student for an hour a week to raise their grades. Their results show this approach works. A young person who has participated in The Access Project's programme is more than twice as likely to go to a top university than another student with the same academic track record and background.
This is an exciting time for The Access Project as they are looking to increase their impact significantly over the next 5 years to create even more change.
TAP are looking to recruit an Operations Director to contribute to strategic decisions on how they operate, ensure effective planning, and put in place the operational support needed to ensure continued growth and success. The Operations Director will play an important role in making TAP a leading example of a learning organisation, and will work closely with the Executive Team to provide leadership throughout this period of change. The Operations Director will ensure the organisation recruits great staff, supports development and will have oversight of a number of functions such as HR, technology, facilities, governance and compliance.
Experience and attributes to include:
- Confident line manager, with experience of building, leading, motivating and developing a team
- Experience of managing small and medium-sized offices
- Clear communicator of legal and HR issues clearly to non-expert audiences
- Proficient in employment law and HR best practice
- Experience of staff recruitment and training
- Understanding of principles behind IT systems development
- Experience of negotiating and agreeing contracts with external partners
- Outstanding project manager, meticulously well organised, proactive and reliable
- Passionate about educational disadvantage and The Access Project's mission
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.