Are you an exceptional PR Officer keen to work with a leading women's charity? Are you available immediately?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary PR Officer to impart their skills and knowledge within a women's rights focused organisation.
- You will be liaising with members of the media, drafting press materials and social media content, sourcing case-studies, volunteer and ambassador liaison, and briefing spokespeople including girls and young women.
- Creating daily social media content that supports the goals of the organisation.
- To build and maintain rapport with contacts in the press, including high profile national journalists.
- Have a proactive and positive attitude to solving complex and often sensitive issues as they arise in working with a wide range of stakeholders on high-profile, time pressured projects.
- To take part in daily news monitoring and share relevant insights to ensure we understand the context for media engagement on a range of topics.
- To assist in managing the press office, including responding to and dealing with media requests quickly and efficiently and identifying and escalating potential risks.
- Experience of working in public relations/journalism, including regular contact with the media.
- Demonstrable experience of pitching and securing stories to the media
- Experience of using social media in a professional context.
- Qualification in PR/Media/Journalism/Communication or equivalent gained through employment.
- Experience of working in PR/journalism, including regular contact with the media.
This is a short term temporary contract with a view to becoming a permanent role for the right candidate.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then please apply with a Word copy of your CV, a cover letter is not required at this stage.