The National Lottery Community Fund distributes almost £500m a year to communities across the UK, raised by players of the National Lottery. With the funding given supporting a wide range of projects across health, educational, environmental, and charitable projects, grants can range from as little as £500 to multi million pound programmes.
In this role you will lead the strategic direction and management of the UK Portfolio, with an annual budget of c£60m that funds UK wide ideas and projects. It tests and grows bold ideas that put people in the lead to address long-term social issues and improve the quality of life across the UK and internationally.
This is done through a number of funding programmes, focusing on areas such as digital transformation in the charity sector; action against climate change; community cohesion and lived experience leaderships. These are some of the Funds most high profile programmes, with the goal of influencing systems change to address the root causes of social issues.
Leading a team of 30 expert colleagues who manage several highly complex national and international grants to ensure effective operational delivery, the role will also require you to work closely with the Fund's SMT and other directorates to develop strategy for the portfolio that adheres to the Funds overall strategic framework
To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced leader, able to demonstrate your experience and qualifications in these areas:
- Significant experience of developing strategic partnerships to deliver greater joint impact.
- Able to build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of senior level internal colleagues and external partners
- Have experience of building and leading teams
- Have experience of directing change at a senior level,
- Be able to demonstrate your credibility in the civil society sector,
- Have experience of designing and delivering large, complex projects and managing significant budgets.
- Have experience of the grant making sector in the UK and internationally.
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices. .