We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor, with CIPD status Associate or above, to join a fantastic charity that delivers volunteering-led solutions to help empower communities and social action. They are looking for someone to start ASAP until March 2020, with a view to becoming permanent.
The post holder will work closely with the Head of HR, along with advising staff on the recruitment of new staff and retention of existing employees. You will coach hiring managers with their interview techniques, write job descriptions, as well as research performance evaluation methods. You will also be expected to review company policies ensuring they're consistent, along with reviewing salaries.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Training hiring managers on candidate interview evaluation techniques
- Assisting with and developing recruitment campaigns
- Coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants
- Negotiating terms and conditions of employment with staff
- Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
- Using HR information systems to access, input and compile dataÂ
- Identifying development needs
- Suggesting new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations (e.g. ATS and HRIS software)
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Researching and recommending performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Driving the business performance in relation to the organisation's objectives
- Acting as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other HR team members
In order to be considered for the role, it is vital that you have strong interpersonal skills, alongside a strong knowledge of HR systems. Soft skills such as self-confidence and being persuasive are also important in this people-focused role. It is essential that you possess the ability to design clear and fair company policies, be driven and determined, practical and logical and able to solve problems quickly.
This is an enriching opportunity for an HR specialist to be involved in an inspiring, grassroots focused organisation that puts volunteering strategies in place to galvanise community led projects - so if you have an interest in activism, and you're passionate about cultivating a healthy, positive work environment then please send your CV across today.