Prostate Cancer Research Centre are at an exciting and crucial time in their growth to raise £5 million by 2023 in order to significantly increase the number of research projects the charity can fund across the country. We have achieved income growth over the last two years and our grant expenditure will increase by 75% in 2019-20. We are looking for an interim Development Director to oversee our ambitious fundraising team.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of fundraising and income generation from a range of sources. They will have previous experience of planning and implementing a fundraising strategy with the ability to lead a diverse team focusing on six areas of fundraising- Individual Giving, Events and Community, Trusts and Foundations, Corporate, Major Donor and Legacies.
Our particular focus in 2019-20 and in to the following financial year will be to grow our income in Corporate Fundraising and Individual giving. It would therefore be an advantage if you have particular expertise in these areas.
Prostate Cancer Research Centre is a UK medical research charity that focuses solely on the advanced stage of prostate cancer, which causes the majority of prostate cancer deaths and for which treatments are currently limited.
Science has the power to turn today’s hope into tomorrow’s reality. We believe new theories will breed new discoveries, which will in turn lead to new, innovative treatments.
Our world-class scientists are dedicated to creating brand new prostate cancer treatments with the potential to reduce the side effects, dramatically cut the cost of treatment and ultimately to change the outcome. If we act now, the next generation of men will not have to fear a prostate cancer diagnosis.
- Head up the implementation and ongoing development of our 5 year fundraising strategy that to grow sustainable income across a diverse range of income streams.
- Lead and develop four direct reports to become further experts and autonomous in their areas of fundraising. The role offers support, guidance and encouragement to the team and allows them to grow in their role.
- Oversee the income generation budgets, working with direct reports to monitor income and expenditure, set budgets and ensure quick action if the income strategy needs to be adjusted in order to achieve targets
- Be in close contact with our Executive Advisory Group members in order to utilise the group’s expertise for PCRC’s fundraising and donor engagement plans.
- Report directly to the CEO PCRC trustees on fundraising progress throughout the year highlighting areas of success and concern where appropriate. The Development Director attends quarterly trustee meetings as well as the Fundraising sub-committee and is in regular contact with key trustees.
- Act as Temporary CEO if the CEO takes leave during this period.
Skills and Competencies
- Creates impact whilst inspiring others
- Uses understanding of others to influence outcomes
- Sees fundraising within the context of the wider organisational strategy and objectives
- Effectively adapts style to situation and audience and engages others through effective dialogue
- Inspires, motivates and engages people to improve their performance and that of others
- Provides regular and honest feedback, guidance and mentoring to support development
What can we offer you?
You will have a considerable degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth. We have a generous training allowance for each employee and will ensure you are able to grow and learn in your position. We have a policy to create new positions, promote as people grow and offer new tasks and projects to all of our employees.
How to apply?
Please send a 1 page personal statement outlining why you think you will be great in the role along with a CV. Please refer to the key responsibilities where possible and give examples of any relevant experience. Please also tell us about your qualifications and training