Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Prostate Cancer Research Centre (PCRC) is the only prostate cancer charity which focuses solely on science, research and innovation. Our aim is simple: to fund the research that will save lives which are needlessly being lost to advanced disease.
We are recruiting a Research Officer to join our rapidly developing charity at an exciting time, as we increase our research portfolio from four projects to eleven in 2019/2020.
Working for the Research and Communications Manager, you will:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of a sector-leading M&E process
2. Administer our current research grants and coordinate future grant calls
3. Contribute to in-house research projects which will enable us to better support the prostate cancer scientific community
4. Organise researcher workshops and networking events
5. Fact-check and proofread research based communications materials
Other tasks as appropriate to the position and required by the department.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
• BSc in a biomedical discipline (essential)
• MSc or MRes in a biomedical field (desirable)
• 1-2 years’ experience of monitoring and evaluating projects in a charity
• Ability to read, understand, and critically assess peer-reviewed scientific papers, and summarise them for a range of audiences
• Strong report-writing skills, including the ability to collect and summarise information and data from a variety of sources
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with a desire to continually learn
• Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
• Great communications skills
• The ability to adapt to a constantly developing environment
• A strong belief in the work of the Prostate Cancer Research Centre
What can we offer you?
You will have a high degree of autonomy and work in a fantastic office environment, and have plenty of opportunity for growth. We are committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and have a budget for staff training and CPD. We have a policy to create new positions, promote as people grow and offer new tasks and projects to all of our employees.
Duration and working hours
This will be a permanent position.
Your working hours will be 37.5 hours a week. We have flexi time and you can work from home for a day a week.
The salary will range from £28,000 - £30,000.
How to apply?
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the role, along with your CV. Please refer to the key responsibilities where possible and give examples of any relevant work experience. Please also tell us about your education, qualifications and training, and why you think you would be a good fit for the organisation.
As part of your application, you must also submit a written paragraph of up to 500 words on “Research and Impact.” Please include this at the end of your cover letter. You may wish to discuss the impacts you believe a research charity should have, the impacts which can be measured, and why and how a charity should evaluate the research it funds.
This application closes on 25 August 2019. We regret that we are unable to accept late applications under any circumstances. We will contact all applicants after the closing date and will be unable to provide an update on any application in the meantime.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 2 September 2019.