The Digital Fundraising Specialist is responsible for developing and executing digital fundraising strategies supported by the Fundraiser Lead and the International Communication Department. This person is responsible for creating online-campaigns that reach online target groups to generate new memberships and donations using the existing online channels (e.g. website, newsletter and social channels). The role requires strong skills in content creation for digital communication and a deep understanding of B2C marketing, fundraising, project management, and usability. You will work closely together with the international communications team to facilitate the use of the digital channels to significantly grow the supporter base of ProVeg across ProVeg countries and increase conversions from passive supporters to engaged donors.
- Strategic & conceptual planning of online fundraising measures incl. implementation and further development to increase the annual income plan together with Fundraising Team
- Set up an annual E-Mail Marketing and online fundraising plan plus KPI system to constantly track performance, and implement ongoing campaign optimisation
- Management of the entire donor/member lifetime value in this channel (prospect/acquisition, conversion, upgrades, win-back) with the support of Fundraising Team
- Manage the state of the art online-tools and advertisement techniques to run campaigns
- Ongoing website analysis and optimisation (A/B testing and other user engagement analysis, updates of tools and content, SEO etc.)
- Coordinate and cooperate with external partners (agencies, other service providers)
- Income generation-related content creation together with International Comms Team
- Service-Hub and Coaching: share insights, best practice and results with ProVeg countries for rolling out Online Fundraising plans in ProVeg countries step by step
- Provide standardised templates, tools and metrics (centralized) for ProVeg countries to run and analyse own campaign on country level
- Act as a service-hub when it comes to monitoring and evaluating KPIs and suggest technical tweaks in Newsletter tools for the ProVeg Countries
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional experience preferably in online marketing/fundraising at an international non-profit organization
- Strong analytical and technical skills with a track record of having conducted at least 4-6 major campaigns, generating a minimum of five-digit income figures per campaign
- Knowledge of multi-channel tracking and trends in online fundraising and giving
- Experience in CRM and online communication tools to generate donations and memberships
- Experience in developing and implementing Online-Fundraising/Marketing/Communication strategies
- Knowledge of the creation, testing and optimisation of online measures (advertising material, landing pages, etc.)
- Experience with editorial systems (e.g. TYPO3, WordPress), analysis tools (Google Analytics), e-mail tools and social networks / social media
- Experience using A/B testing, surveys and other user engagement analysis tools in advocacy, fundraising and/or marketing capacity
- Experience in working with people from different backgrounds and a strong commitment to equal opportunities
- Excellent English language skills, German C1 Level is a plus (other languages are optional)
- Strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills with a positive & proactive work attitude and the ability to maintain positive employee relations
- Strong motivation to support the plant-based movement and alignment of your values with those of ProVeg International.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training as required
- Completed study programme in the following preferred fields: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, New Media/Digital Design, Fundraising or a comparable relevant field
- Good knowledge of social media fundraising strategy is an advantage
- Writing Skills, Online-Editorial and SEO Management qualification/experience
- Basic understanding of HTML and other web-based scripting languages
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Hours: 32-40 h per week
Salary: 28-35k Euros per year, depending on skills, experience and qualification
Application deadline: 31.08.2020
Phone interviews: Second week of September
Face to face interviews: Last week of September
Start date: First or second week of October
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Flexibility around working arrangements
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad. Please submit your application using our online form. Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- A virtual face-to-face interview.
- If applicable, an optional ‘trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and our organisation.
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.