Want to drive digital transformation at a thriving national education charity? We at the PSHE Association – a membership body for teachers and schools – want to support our members in new and innovative ways, while continuing to grow our network and influence. Digital solutions will be central to this, so we’re looking for an experienced, talented individual to lead this work.
Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education is the school curriculum subject through which pupils learn about health, relationships, economic wellbeing and careers. PSHE lessons cover some of the most pressing issues facing young people today including sex and relationships, mental health, negotiating life online, challenging extremism and radicalisation and preparing for a volatile jobs market.
The PSHE Association is the national body for PSHE education. A charity and membership organisation, the Association works to improve PSHE education standards by supporting a national community of over 25,000 teachers and schools with resources, training and advice.
It is a very exciting time for an experienced digital professional to join our friendly team. PSHE education is taught in most schools, but recent statutory changes mean that all schools will soon be required to teach key elements of PSHE relating to health and relationships to a high standard. We want to support our growing membership network to make the most of this huge opportunity by providing them with new and innovative digital solutions.
Main purpose of the role
PSHE education will be compulsory in all schools from September 2020 and to support schools we are embarking on an ambitious programme of digital development and transformation. We want to better service our growing network with new digital products, including increased access to digital teaching resources, guidance, online training and advice, and to recruit new members to this network.
We require an experienced Digital Product Manager to lead these initiatives, working closely with digital agencies and staff team to manage complex projects to time and budget.
Our members are the heart of what we do as an organisation, so their needs must be at the heart of our digital development. Therefore, the successful applicant must have skills and experience in establishing user needs and translating these into deliverable products and services, employing strong methodology in effective project management.
- successfully managing digital development projects including management of website development, digital resource and content development, preferably including experience of online learning solutions and digital teaching resources
- experience of user interface and development of user experience.
- experience of establishing user needs (e.g. via user testing/focus groups/analytics) and translating these into deliverable products and services.
- An understanding of agile methodology and how to apply the agile mindset to all aspects of their work.
- An understanding of the different phases of product delivery and ability to contribute to, plan and run these.
- Ability to understand and identify problems, and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to use a range of product management principles and approaches.
- Ability to capture and understand user needs, and translate them into deliverables.
- Ability to translate project vision into prioritised deliverable goals.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of user-centred design, technology and data perspectives.
- Ability to effectively manage external agencies and resources, while working effectively with colleagues
- Analytics tracking and reporting skills, and an eye for detail
- Communication skills, including tailoring communications and clearly presenting complex information to various audiences
- Facilitation and presentation skills – the ability to facilitate user-testing and information sharing sessions with users, colleagues and external agencies, and present findings to colleagues and other stakeholders
- knowledge of principles of user research and how to apply it
- strong understanding of agile working.
- understanding of design principles and practice (particularly general UI/X best practices).
- innovative and a self-starter with the ability to think and act strategically, alongside strong technical knowledge and expertise.
- Collaborative and collegiate approach
- Support for the aims and values of the PSHE Association, including an appreciation for education that prepares children and young people for life
The salary will be on the scale £38,000-£42,000 p.a. (depending on experience).
Terms and conditions
- This post is offered on a full time basis and will be based at our offices in central London.
- The contract will be for one year.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year.
- Applicants will be eligible to join the PSHE Association workplace pension scheme.
To apply, please provide a CV listing your academic and employment history and key achievements, along with a covering letter setting out why you are applying for this role, and how your skills and experience match the attributes set out in the job description and person specification.
Apply by 9am on Wednesday 25 September 2019 with the subject line ‘Application for Digital Product Manager role’.
Interviews will be held at our Head Office in London on Monday 30 September with possible second interviews on Friday 4 October. We hope that the successful applicant will come into post as soon as possible but understand many applicants will have notice periods to serve if they accept a post with us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people. Please note on your application if you have requirements for the interview(s).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.