Public Voice is a Community Interest Company founded in 2014 that first began trading in April 2015 when it assumed the Healthwatch Haringey contract. Our first five years of operation have seen substantial growth and development resulting in a more diverse range of contracts and services across the health, social care and housing and regeneration sectors.
Our main focus as an organisation is on helping clients, stakeholders and citizens to achieve service improvement through user engagement. We do this using a variety of approaches from research, consultation and engagement to proactively working with service commissioners, providers and users to co-design or co-produce new and improved services, drawing on user views and lived experience.
We are looking to recruit a new CEO to lead our team and work with the Board. S/he will provide vision, leadership, enterprise, management and operational direction to Public Voice CIC, and its subsidiary Haringey Circle CIC. Ensuring both of these CIC’s long-term sustainability, further growth and development in line with overall vision and values is of vital importance. Working with the Chair and other Board members, the CEO will also ensure that Public Voice and any related companies are underpinned by robust governance arrangements, sound systems of financial and performance management and evidence-based decision making. The CEO will work to maintain and further develop the reputation of the company(s) with key partners and stakeholders and promote our core value of service improvement through user engagement.
- To lead and develop the 27 strong Public Voice team
- To prepare a strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the Board
- To operate within the annual budget and ensure management, operational and HR policies are up to date
- To build and maintain an effective working relationship with the Chair and Board, including regular reports to the Board and attendance at Board and sub-committee meetings
- To act as the public face externally for Public Voice and promote the organisation’s vision and aims
Successful candidate will need to be:
- A strong, inclusive, creative leader
- Forward thinking with people, connections and culture
- Good at relationship and building networks
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the health and social care sectors
- Able to write reports and bids and understand working with governance
- Educated to degree or equivalent (health/social care related) and/or have relevant post graduate qualification e.g.: MBA or master’s degree
Please apply by clicking to apply, and visiting the Thewlis Graham website, and following the instructions in the candidate brief quoting reference U0905R. The closing date is 5pm on 6 May.
For a confidential conversation with Sarah Thewlis or for any other information please email Saah Thewlis - details can be foun don the Thewlis Graham website.