Learning Support Assistant
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Learning Support Assistants support PiP’s Development Workers to deliver a flexible programme of learning and development opportunities; ensuring that students can actively participate and engage in sessions, giving student’s maximum opportunity to learn and develop.
PiP’s programmes focus on four learning pathways:
- Independent Living Skills
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Health, Wellbeing and Happiness
- Employment and Vocational Skills
The role incorporates session delivery, recording and monitoring student progress, key working responsibilities such as liaising with student’s support networks and involvement in PiP’s wider work.
Who We Are
PIP is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities or autism to achieve their potential, and to lead lives that are as independent as possible.
Our mission is to empower adults with learning disabilities to achieve their potential. We are a growing, grassroots charity based in West London, and run a number of key services to promote independence and choice for our students.
What You’ll Need
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, or a similar vulnerable service user group in care or educational settings
- A strong commitment to person-centred support and advocacy
- A passion for enabling positive change in the lives of our students
- The character and communication skills to be an effective and supportive team member
- Energy, initiative and a proactive attitude
- A calm and creative approach to challenges and problem solving
What We Offer:
· You'll get 25 days holidays + bank holidays ever year. We're closed for Christmas but the rest of the year you may take leave whenever you wish.
· An extra day of annual leave for each year you've worked with us up to another 5 (30 in total)
· We offer a travel subsidy to help with the cost of commuting.
· We provide a 4% pension contribution
· Incremental pay progression
· It's an early finish on Fridays - we close once all students leave around 4pm.
· Free Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including access to counselling
· We offer regular team meals and social-generally during work hours and they are optional.
· We offer a cycle-to-work scheme and other staff discounts
PiP's mission is to empower adults with learning disabilities to achieve their potential. We are a growing, grassroots charity based in West London, and run a number of key services to promote independence and choice for our service users.
PiP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly applicants who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as people with lived experience of disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
PiP keeps all personal information confidential and in line with current data protection legislation and GDPR.
Closing Date: December 14th 2023
We encourage you to apply early, as applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, and we reserve the right to close the advert sooner subject to finding suitable candidates.