Required: September 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the Development Team of one of the UK’s most successful schools.
The Development Team at Putney High School lead on the School’s fundraising, events and alumnae relations programmes and play an essential role in developing and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, staff, governors, alumnae and the local community.
As Philanthropy and Fundraising Officer you will work with the team to deliver the School’s fundraising and alumnae relations objectives. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering an engaging programme of donor cultivation and stewardship
- Maintaining the development database, including the identification of new donors
- Maintaining accurate gift management systems and protocols
- Maintaining positive relationships with alumni
- Creating engaging website and social media content for the alumnae pages
- Creating and delivering an engaging programme of events
You will need the ability to build relationships with colleagues, parents and alumnae, and have outstanding organisational and administrative skills, along with experience of planning and organising events.
Excellent IT skills, especially experience with Microsoft Office and the ability to use mail merge and Excel are equally important.
About the School
As one of the UK’s leading schools, Putney High School is academically high achieving, dynamic and down to earth.
Established in 1893, the school is set in leafy, tranquil grounds close to the heart of Putney and the River Thames.
Wellbeing is central to the school’s ethos along with a spirit of ‘modern scholarship’ which makes learning challenging, fun and relevant to the modern world.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools thus we can offer a variety of benefits such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To apply for this post please complete and return an application form found on the School website, available by clicking the apply button.
A letter addressed to the Headmistress should be included with your application.
Closing date: Friday 29th July 2022 – Apply by 8am.
Interviews: Week commencing 15th August 2022
Based on the application we may interview before the closing deadline.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.