The Head of Fundraising & Marketing is a key member of Qadria Trust’s Leadership Team with responsibility for developing our fundraising and communication strategy and overseeing all communication activities for our multi-million project named Islamic Centre of Britain which includes masjid, community centre, commercial block and a school building.
The post holder will be responsible for raising and growing revenue, will design and implement a sustainable development strategy to increase philanthropic revenue from a diverse portfolio of supporters across the UK and overseas. They will mentor and lead a team of fundraisers and Social Media to achieve ambitious revenue and renewal goals year over year, while delivering excellent stewardship experiences for our supporters.
- To develop, manage and deliver a clearly defined fundraising strategy, which will ensure sustainable revenue for Qadria Trust and will also raise the profile, reputation and credibility of Qadria Trust’s work among clearly defined audiences and stakeholders.
- To establish and provide strong leadership to Fundraising and Communication teams ensuring that organisational and individual targets are met, through instilling a creative, professional, adaptable and positive team environment.
- To undertake and participate constructively in induction, regular supervision, appraisal and relevant training. To contribute positively to continuous improvement of services.
- To maintain close contact with the CEO/Director and with all the work of the organisation so as to be aware to effectively use the information for fundraising purposes.
- To work closely with the CEO/Director and Senior Management Team to broaden Qadria Trust’s funding base for projects/services which add value to the organisation, particularly working with Muslim communities and businesses across the globe.
- To ensure the implementation of risk awareness and risk control in the department.
- To provide line management to the Fundraising and Communication Teams.
- To develop and manage Qadria Trust’s long term profile and identity for fundraising purposes.
- To maintain confidentiality in line with organisational policy in relation to service users, staff and business sensitive information.
- To review potential partner organisations and corporate sectors and identify best ways of engaging for partnership.
- To develop, deliver and evaluate a schedule of donor acquisition and retention campaigns across all platforms including Social Media.
- To design and implement an evaluation and monitoring process to evaluate the outcomes and success of campaigns.
- To produce detailed reports at the end of Qadria Trust’s campaign periods.
Community Engagement and Fundraising
- To develop and implement cost effective fundraising initiatives and events aimed at a diverse range of communities.
- To establish, manage and strengthen Qadria Trust’s external relationships with all stakeholders including donors, statutory bodies, mosques, local communities, corporate organizations, charities and educational establishments in order to maximise Qadria Trust’s income.
- To create, maintain and develop Qadria Trust’s donor base through fundraising initiatives.
- To identify new areas of income generation which fulfil the strategic objectives of Qadria Trust.
- To ensure the effective implementation of maximizing Qadria Trust’s income from fundraising through campaigns, Ramadan, Qurbani, and Qadria Trust’s projects/services.
- To create appropriate manuals, procedures and guidelines for all fundraising initiatives and organize periodical reviews for continual improvement.
Community Engagement and Social Media Fundraising
- To ensure that resources for fundraising, both through community engagement and with Social Media are carefully allocated, managed, and monitored effectively to achieve the greatest impact.
- To ensure all fundraising events and investment to Social Media campaigns are cost effective and add value to the organisation.
- To drive forward the growth in institutional fundraising initiatives, incorporating innovation and creativity.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and potential funders, including large charities and other CSR institutions.
- To ensure compliance with the financial legislation and Qadria Trust`s financial procedures in all activities of the department.
- To be willing and able to travel extensively and at short notice.
- To be responsible for ensuring that staff and volunteers are adequately informed, skilled and supervised to carry out their duties safely and in compliance with Health and Safety policy and safety management systems.
- To monitor, analyse and evaluate success and weaknesses of the department’s activities and ensure learning outcomes are shared and documented.
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be willing to travel extensively with short notice.
- To commit to working unsociable hours on a regular basis.
- To be responsible for health and safety in the area of his/her control and ensure that he/she is familiar with Qadria Trust’s health and safety at work policy.
- To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- The post holder will be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Note: Please send your CV and a cover letter to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.