About the role:
Britain Yearly Meeting (Quakers) have recently agreed a number of key strategic priorities to support the church to reinvigorate Quakerism. To support these objectives, we have created a new role of Head of Communications to shape and drive our communications and fundraising teams and support them in meeting these key priorities. This is fantastic opportunity for some who wants to make a real impact.
- You will be ambitious with a flexible approach to work and be excited by the opportunity to shape the future of fundraising and communications at the Quakers
- You will have substantial relevant experience of leading communications in a values-based organisation
- You will also have substantial relevant experience of leading fundraising activities, including the delivery of strategy and managing people and budgets
- You must have had previous involvement in delivering change programmes both internally and externally with an understanding of the complexity of managing change
- Previous experience of managing staff, including experience of line managing other functional specialists and team leaders is essential
- Of course, you will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders
- It’s essential that you have sympathy with Quaker values
Quakers are committed to working for equality and for a sustainable and peaceful world. We seek to fill the gaps, to work where help is most needed, alone or with others – whatever will have the greatest impact.
We are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and expect all our staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment.
Quakers have a faith commitment to equality and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. You do not have to be a Quaker to apply for this post, but we expect you to uphold the values of our organisation.
What we can offer you:
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
For more details of this exciting role and information about how to apply, please download our candidate application pack which is available on the Action Planning website.
The closing date for applications is 9 am Tuesday 13 August.
Britain Yearly Meeting is committed to equality in all its employment practices