Corporate Fundraising Recruiter | Minimum £35,000 basic salary, negotiable depending on experience, + outstanding commission | Bermondsey head office, with extensive flexibility and work from home options
A bit about us:
QuarterFive was launched in 2013 to provide exceptional, proactive recruitment consultancy to fundraisers and not-for-profit organisations. Six years on, we’ve built a successful, close-knit team of ten and a solid reputation for a high quality service. Our business overwhelmingly comes from recommendations and networking, with a significant and consistent number of exclusive jobs.
We’ve recruited fundraisers from Assistant to Director level for clients including Action Against Hunger, Alzheimer’s Society, Bloodwise, Breast Cancer Now, Centrepoint, Concern Worldwide, Crisis, International Crisis Group, Mind, Plan UK, Shelter, Stonewall, Teach First, Terrence Higgins Trust, The Prince’s Trust and War Child.
Our uniquely flexible and positive culture has been key to our success. We’ve strived to make this a great place to work, with collaboration, supportive leadership and highly motivating commission and benefits at the centre of our practice. Pointless KPIs, fixed hours, cold calls and tight-fisted bonuses aren’t our thing.
The role with us:
We’re looking for an experienced recruiter to join our highly successful corporate fundraising desk, recruiting corporate roles up to director-level. You’ll be given full responsibility for taking briefs, planning and executing searches and building high quality, consultative relationships with candidates and clients. Personalised training and ongoing support will be provided by the highly experienced directors.
Corporate fundraising is one of our busiest and best-established areas of work, and you'll quickly be working a 65/35 mix of contingent / exclusive jobs, alongside playing a key role in the proactive maintenance of existing clients and using our shared successes to leverage new business.
A bit about you:
We're looking for an experienced, top-notch recruiter (either agency side or in-house) who knows the ropes and can quickly get going, maintaining great relationships and filling quality roles.
We're flexible on what industry areas you've built your recruitment skills in, as long as you meet the criteria below. If you're a successful recruiter who's tired of suits, being forced to work poor quality jobs, KPIs, 08:30-18:00 hours and the painful nonsense that comes with management by boardroom, this could be a great chance to do all the bits of your job you love and lose the stuff you don't.
Essential skills & experience
- Able to demonstrate consistent, year-on-year billings
- Experience of both fast turnaround contingent vacancies and structured, proactive search and selection
- Highly articulate, showing attention to detail in both verbal and written form
- Skilled relationship builder, able to establish rapport with a wide range of people
- Can evidence intelligently maximising warm client and candidate relationships to generate new business
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Highly organised, with track record of successfully working to deadlines and prioritising tasks
- Our business overwhelmingly comes from recommendations and networking
- Less PSL work, more exclusive and retained jobs with quality briefs
- We actively build on individuals’ strengths rather than using KPIs to drive generic activities
- Supportive, collaborative culture – we collectively evolve best practice and learn together
- Our consultants actively contribute to the direction of the business
- We're growing fast, and this is a chance to join us at a time when our consultants play a key role in shaping the business
- We'll invest in expansion as soon as there is a clear case for doing so - we'd like to think we're an attractive prospect for highly ambitious people interested in growing with us
- In year one, you will earn between 30% and 40% of what you bill, depending on performance
- Unrivalled flexibility – we all enjoy being in the office, but our culture is supportive of regular home working and we do not clock watch – you will be trusted to manage your time
- 25 days annual leave, plus Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day inclusive
- Q5 is registered with CycleScheme, allowing employees to purchase a bike in a tax-efficient way through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Competitive pension
- Excellent basic salary
If the above sounds good and you have the experience we need, please drop us a line. We take great pride and care in finding and developing new team members, and are very happy to have informal phone or face-to-face conversations with suitable candidates.
N.B. Please take the time to look at our site and write a brief, tailored intro to accompany your CV, telling us a bit about you and why you're interested.