Head of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships
This charity’s mission is simple: to bring joy to children whose life-threatening condition has taken over their world. From the moment they are diagnosed, the simple pleasures of childhood and family life are replaced by worry, disruption, medical appointments, financial worries and isolation. This charity exists to put those issues to one side by empowering children to choose a wish that’s unique to them. Wishes create hope, happiness, and memories for the child and their family.
Please note that although the office is based in Reading (right next to Reading station), the charity offers very flexible office day options for those who don't live nearby.
We are looking for a new Head of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships to manage the team of 6 talented fundraisers generating and managing partnerships which raise cash, and provide unique wish-focused gifts-in-kind. Corporate partnerships are a key pillar of not just the income generation strategy, but the overall organisational strategy, and will play a key part in increasing the number of wishes they are able to grant over the next few years.
The team raises c£3m/yr from a diverse range of partnerships, including commercial, GIK, consumer-facing, gaming and COTY. The Head of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships will act as Account Director for the largest and most complex partnerships, attending the bigger meetings and pitches.
There will be a renewed focused on proactive new business in the team; the team gets a lot of inbound enquiries, but a focus on top prospects for large, multi-year partnerships would be ideal for the growth of the function.
The Head of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships will play a key role in cross-organisational collaboration and working groups, as well as working with the corporate teams across the International network.
As Head of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships, you will:
- Develop and deliver the corporate partnerships strategy
- Manage, lead and develop the team of 6 corporate specialists in your team
- Build and lead strategic relationships externally – be the face of the corporate partnerships team at key meetings and pitches
- Work in partnership with peers across the organisation and global network
- Champion new business across the team, ensuring proactive approaches are made to key prospects
Ideal skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of operating in a senior corporate fundraising role with significant successes
- Experience in people leadership and management to deliver results through collaboration
- A commercial and strategic mindset, being forward-thinking with approach and plans for sustainable growth of the corporate partnerships fundraising
- Significant experience of working with large companies to secure and deliver 6- and 7-figure partnerships
- Substantial experience in budget management and financial planning
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, and the desire to be forward-facing and lead the team by example in pitches and meetings externally
Employee benefits include:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to buy more, plus an additional day’s leave on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- Two paid volunteering days a year
- Wellbeing and retail discount platform
- Enhanced maternity pay (12 weeks at 100% of your salary)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work initiative