Lead on all major donor work for this important women's health charity.
This is a maternity cover role, helping to drive a renewed and strategic energy in philanthropic giving by leading on day to day fundraising from individuals who give up to six figures.
There are already a number of high-profile events in the pipeline for next year, thanks to an engaged trustee board, including a flagship, annual HNWI sport event and a large fundraising dinner led by a high profile celebrity.
A number of smaller events are also planned and the successful candidate will lead on these as well as develop a calendar of events. The successful candidate will need to utilise and develop existing and new relationships, ensuring a strategic engagement plan is in place to allow this income stream to grow and mature.
You will be joining a small but impressive fundraising team, who in 2018 raised c£2.2 million and in 2019 look set to raise £1.8 million. Under the stewardship of a new CEO, this is an exciting time to be joining as they look to grow income from the major donor stream, with the support and guidance of an engaged and dynamic SMT and Trustee board.
The fundraising team is made up of corporate, events and individual giving, two trust fundraisers (which has traditionally been the ‘bread and butter’ of the organisation, working with funding bodies such as Garfield Weston) and one major donor fundraiser (this role). In total, the organisation has 13 core staff members.
As Major Donor Manager you will:
- continue the stewardship of a portfolio of warm funders who give upwards of £5k, working to a target of £400k
- grow a pipeline of mid- and high-level giving (anything up to six figures) as well as securing multi-year giving. This could be by reengaging prospects or engaging cold prospects.
- own the day to day philanthropic giving, including planning and delivering a programme of events
- make this income stream your own, working closely and strategically with senior internal and external stakeholders.
The position would best suit:
- an experienced fundraiser, able to hit the ground running
- someone who will become the bedrock of this income stream by stewarding confidently and proactively looking for new, untapped areas of development (30-40% stewardship with a large amount of business development)
- a creative fundraiser, well versed in securing six figure gifts
- an externally focused relationship builder, generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals, whilst working to develop an already robust portfolio of fundraising collateral
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to supporting the wider fundraising team, undertaking administrative tasks and financial reporting, and upholding fundraising best practice.
Applications close on Wednesday 30 October, with the successful candidate beginning the role in early January 2020.
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Sarah Bowie at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.