As the largest charity for people with hearing loss in the UK, Action on Hearing Loss are there to support those who suffer from hearing loss; from day to day care, to practical information, to campaigning for a fairer world for people with hearing loss, and funding research to find a cure.
The Senior Trust Fundraiser will complete a team of 4 which sits within the wider fundraising and communication department, made up of Trusts and Lottery, Partnerships (major donor, events and corporate), Supporter Experience, Public Fundraising and ‘Marcomms’; whose overall income target is c.£14m.
The Trust team’s target currently stands at c.£1million, whereby approximately half of this comes from Big Lottery Funding. The team has been supported by an interim Trust fundraiser for the last three months and the successful candidate will be expected to steward a growing portfolio of bodies, whose foundations have already been laid by the interim fundraiser, that give £5k and up. As well as this, the postholder will need to work with the Head of Trusts and other key internal stakeholders, including a recently appointed Prospect Researcher, to create new funding projects that are attractive to prospective donors, ensuring their giving needs marry with AOHL’s ‘business as usual’ work. As well as this, they will need to be adept at creating bespoke fundraising packages for thematic projects, outside of business as usual.
- continuing the stewardship of a portfolio of warm funders who give upwards of £5k including the Big Lottery and key bio medical bodies, working to a target of c.£150k
- growing their pipeline of mid-level and high level giving as well as securing multi-year/high value giving, with a split of 70% New Business to 30% Account Management
- kick starting and owning a fledgling programme of bespoke fundraising projects by working closely and strategically with senior internal stakeholders to extend the charity's focus to a wider audience.
- An experienced fundraiser looking to broaden and develop their professional experience
- A creative fundraiser, well versed in securing five figure gifts, with a track record of raising significant funds from trusts and statutory bodies including the Big Lottery
- An externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals
- Someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- A proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to supporting the wider fundraising team, undertaking administrative tasks, financial reporting and upholding fundraising best practice.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 26th February with interviews the following week.