North London Hospice is a registered charity that has been caring for local people since 1984. They are committed to empowering patients with life limiting illnesses, supporting them to achieve the best quality of life possible.
As well as their inpatient unit at Woodside Avenue, they work within the wider community including Outpatient and Wellbeing services; their support to patients in their own homes; Community Specialist Palliative Care services; and Patient and Family Support teams, providing emotional and practical support to patients, their families and carers.
As Trusts Officer, you will support the Senior Trusts Fundraising Manager to generate income from charitable trusts and foundations by producing timely, high quality grant applications, providing appropriate levels of stewardship leading to long term support, and researching new prospects and grant programmes.
Please note that although the closing date is Friday 22nd December, interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Therefore, please get in touch ASAP to hear the brief in full and make an application.
As Trusts Officer, you will:
- Identify new trust prospects who are aligned to North London Hospices aims, preparing compelling and bespoke proposals and funding applications tailored to donor requirements
- Ensure effective management of grants within own portfolio by building relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure excellent donor stewardship to existing supporters and using events, meetings, talks and inspirational writing to help charitable trusts learn about the work of NLH
- Support the Senior Trust Fundraising Manager with internal stakeholder engagement and other engaging and compelling communications
Ideal skills and experience:
- Developing relationships or funding approaches which have led to financial success
- Proven success in project management and strong communication
- Experience of using a database to capture information
Applications welcome from those looking for their first role in the charity sector.
Employee benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave (increasing according to length of service)
- Contributory STC Pension scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Family friendly policies
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme