We are looking for a Philanthropy Manager to play a key role in growing and diversifying our donor base. You’ll manage your own portfolio of fund holders, and you’ll also support and inspire a small team of Philanthropy Officers to do the same.
As Philanthropy Manager you will have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of developing and managing relationships. Your writing will be clear, concise and accurate. You’ll be confident working with data and ICT. And you’ll be strongly committed to your own learning and development as well as the learning and development of your team.
Skills and Abilities
- At least 2 years’ experience of buildingdonor relationships and securing funding support
- Track record in leading and managing staff and supporting colleagues
- Experience of working with individuals at senior levels within different sectors
- Knowledge (or the passion to learn) of the issues affecting the voluntary and community sector across the West of England
- Competent with and enthusiastic about using a wide range of ICT and operational systems, including familiarity with CRM programmes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including confidence in public speaking and an ability to persuade and negotiate effectively
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Values and Behaviours
- Strong commitment to, and ability to lead on, the values of the Foundation
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to cope well under pressure
- High levels of integrity and excellent professional judgement
- Able and willing to work flexibly, including regularly attending meetings and events outside normal office hours
- Able and willing to travel for work within the region, and occasionally outside it.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.