£75,000 to £80,000
Flexible (office base Leatherhead), Surrey
Can you provide financial leadership to contribute to the success of QEF’s future growth? Are you looking for a flexible senior role? Do you have experience of working in the health and social care sector?
QEF is a Surrey based charity that provides a range of services supporting and enabling disabled people to live as independent lives as possible. We have a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team who care for over 10,000 disabled adults and children with a range of physical and learning disabilities every year.
This is an exciting time to join the QEF Group as we opened our brand new, state-of-the- art Care and Rehabilitation Centre in July 2020. As Finance Director you will work collaboratively with the Chief Executive, Trustee Board and senior management team to deliver our business plan and future strategy. Working proactively with stakeholders to manage costs and exploit potential revenue opportunities to deliver the budget.
This is an opportunity to be part of a unique organisation in a challenging role which is integral to the strategic direction and future success of the QEF Group.
To be successful you will be a qualified accountant with senior level experience of finance and IT, preferably in the charity or health and social care sectors, able to demonstrate you are:
- a strategic thinker, able to provide analysis and logical assessments, to develop and evaluate the financial viability of options arising out of the strategic review
- able to support the CEO as a key agent for change to ensure future performance and sustainability
- confident and credible in delivering key financial information to the senior management team, Trustee Board and sub committees
- a team player, able to communicate effectively, influence decision making, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- a strong commercial negotiator, managing external relationships and ensuring financial sustainability
Through experience you will be able to:
- ensure the integrity of financial and management accounting for all charities and companies within the QEF Group, ensuring appropriate controls and procedures are in place
- develop a financial strategy for the future funding of the QEF Group, including the meeting of all existing obligations
- control the cash flow of the QEF Group ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet the needs of the charity
- consider the opportunities for greater digital transformation to create efficiencies and improve information systems
- lead the improvement of robust management information to improve operational management, decision making and strategic development
- manage and mitigate key financial risks as part of QEF’s risk management approach
- ensure agreed digital developments across the QEF Group are effectively managed, cost effective and deliver the required objectives
- oversee the development and implementation of new finance and operational systems
Being part of QEF means being an ambassador for our values and behaviours: Everyone Matters, Works Together and Makes a Difference.
The office base is Leatherhead, close to Junction 9 of the M25, whilst attendance will be required, flexibility will also be considered for the right candidate in respect of working location and hours of work.
For further information or to apply please visit our website via the link.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and encourage applications from disabled applicants.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Flexible working
- Free on-site parking