£17,608.80 rising to £18,105 after 1 years’ service subject to performance
(Part time hours are also available)
Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BN
Do you want to be part of our expanding team?
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided. We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on a shopping trip or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team within our 48 bed, state of the art, Care and Rehabilitation Centre. The service provides residential specialist care for people with complex physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional difficulties and rehabilitation care and support to people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
As a Support Worker you will help residents and clients with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
· You have a caring and friendly disposition
· You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care
· You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
· You are a team player but can also work independently
· Previous experience or a level 2/3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service
· A comprehensive induction programme
· Extensive training and development
· Support for Care apprenticeships
· Life Assurance
· Westfield Healthcare cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
· Westfield shopping discounts
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare vouchers
· Free on-site parking
· Paid breaks
How to Apply
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online
You are encouraged to apply early as this opportunity may close early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job.
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.