Leatherhead KT22 0BN
Do you want to be part of our expanding team?
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others?
Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
You will help to deliver the day to day operational management of the service through a team of support workers, using your own expertise to motivate and role model the highest standards of person-centred care.
About the Role
In this role you will be leading a shift and supporting a team of Support Workers by working together to create a safe and caring environment where each individual is supported in all aspects of personal care and daily living skills.
You will provide line manager duties to a group of support workers under the direction of assistant managers, deputising in their absence.
You will have an important role in transitioning the service to our new state of the art care and rehabilitation centre, opening soon in Leatherhead.
- A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or be willing to undertake a Lead Adult Care Apprenticeship
- Experience of working with people with physical and/or learning disabilities
- A thorough understanding of key principles such as Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties Act
- Previous line management experience would be advantageous
- You have a caring and friendly disposition
- You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care.
- You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life.
In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Paid breaks
Being Part of QEF Means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Being an active team player.
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
To apply please visit our website via the link.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service)