Full & Part Time roles available
£17,605 (from 1 January 2020)
(rising to £18,105 after 1 year’s service subject to performance)
Leatherhead KT22 0BT
(relocating to our new care and rehabilitation centre in Leatherhead during Spring 2020)
Support Worker – About the Role
Do you want to be part of our new service?
Are you caring?
Do you enjoy helping others?
Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
At QEF’s Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42-bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional and social needs are met and they are treated with respect and dignity.
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on a shopping trip or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment.
Our Support Workers help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. They ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and work within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
Support Worker – How to Apply
· No previous care experience is required - full training will be provided
· You have a caring and friendly disposition
· You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care.
· You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
· You are a team player but can also work independently
· Previous experience or a level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Support Worker - Benefits
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
• A comprehensive induction programme
• Extensive training and development
• Support for Care apprenticeships
• Life Assurance
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
• Westfield shopping discounts
• Employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Free on-site parking
• Transport offered to and from main train station
• Paid breaks
We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
Support Worker – How to Apply
Now is an exciting time to join QEF as we look to move to our brand-new state of the art care and rehabilitation centre opening in Leatherhead during Spring 2020.
Apply early via the link!
This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job.
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.