Be the ambassador and face of QCCA and partner GOAL’s youth services, representing the service to a diverse range of stakeholder.
To be responsible for the strategic planning, operational management and front-line delivery of a multifaceted youth work programme which includes universal, targeted and sports activities aimed at engaging disadvantaged 8–19 year olds across five wards of the London Borough of Camden.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead on the planning and design of QCCA and GOAL’s youth work, with the aim of delivering quality and effective youth work with tangible outcomes;
- To develop a regular programme of open and targeted youth projects, activities and events in the wards of Gospel Oak and Haverstock with a particular emphasis on informal personal, social and vocational learning;
- To fundraise to finance this work and to liaise with funders and ensure their requirements are met.
- To manage a volunteer placement programme, working in partnership with schools, youth clubs and other establishments;
- To promote educational attainment, access to apprenticeships and employment opportunities for young people aged 16-21 years using a range of formal and informal methods of engagement including 1-2-1 surgeries
- To work with trainers and facilitators to deliver an accredited qualifications in transferable life skills as well as numeracy and literacy;
- To oversee implementation and monitoring of service level agreements with partners across three other wards of Camden
- To organise and deliver needs based group work with young people utilising a wide range of resources and facilities including music, drama and sport;
- To recruit, line-manage and supervise the work of both salaried and volunteer roles, providing mentoring and coaching in youth-work as required;
- To engage young people in regular consultation, design and delivery of youth projects;
- To work directly with young people delivering activities as well as providing support and access to specialist services, where required;
- To keep records of all youth-work sessions, monitoring data and accredited outcomes;
- To oversee all marketing and outreach of youth programme activities;
- To develop partnerships with local stakeholders including statutory providers, charities, community groups, sports clubs and the local police force;
- To maintain an accurate inventory of resources and facilities;
- To raise the quality standards of QCCA’s Youth Service by adhering to the National Youth Agency guidelines and the London Youth Quality Mark.
- To support the wider objectives and activities of QCCA and it’s key partners
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.