Flexible, full time, home or office based, nationwide travel
A role for a qualified engineer with experience of:
- Inspecting ex-railway structures (viaducts, bridges, tunnels, retaining walls and culverts) mostly of masonry and metal construction.
- Producing maintenance and repair schedules.
- Letting small engineering contracts for maintenance and repair works.
- Managing contract delivery and associated consents.
- Working with local highway authorities to address bridge strength assessment issues.
Railway Paths owns 772 structures on 161 parcels of land, approximately 950 hectares in area, and 350 kilometres in length. We also manage a further 500+ structures for our sister charity Sustrans. We work with local authorities and have an excellent relationship with the Historic Railway Estate team at Highways England.
As well as managing our structures for risk and cost, we exist to bring them back into public use. 280 kilometres of our land is in use as a path. We own 24 listed structures and one ancient monument, 21 are accessible to the public.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.