FUNDRAISING MANAGER for RAIN RESCUE
Founded in 2002, our charity has saved the lives of thousands of dogs and cats most at risk in and around Yorkshire. Our rescue centre provides the space and support needed for these abandoned animals to recover, thrive and find a loving home.
We see the beautiful animal that is sometimes hidden under layers of pain and neglect, and rehabilitate them then match them to a new home and with the owners they need. Our focus is on the dogs and cats that most need our help, including:
- the dogs in stray kennels who are at risk of being put to sleep when their statutory seven days of care run out
- abandoned cats who have been left alone or thrown out onto the street with nobody to care for them and often breed unwanted kittens.
- support people who find themselves in a multitude of different crisis situations and can no longer care for their dogs or cats and need help and advise on rehoming their pet.
Hours of work: 37.5
Responsible to: CEO
Responsible for: Community Fundraiser
About the role:
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for devising, developing and implementing Rain Rescue’s fundraising programme, to maximise income and customer service. Working collaboratively within all areas to ensure voluntary income is maximised across the charity encouraging other teams to understand the part they can play towards income generation.
Responsible for raising income from individuals and high-value donors, corporates and legacies and Grant making Trusts. Including delivering Donor Marketing & Social Media and Digital Fundraising plus providing exemplary Supporter Care.
This role is to generate and increase the income for Rain Rescue general activities supporting its daily ongoing work. This role will lead the Fundraising team and evaluate existing fundraising activities and focusing on ROI of activities for both short and long term income generation. In addition and separate to this role, will be a Capital Appeal for Rain Rescue to develop the rescue centre expecting to commence late 2019/2020.
To apply for this exciting new role, please send your CV with a covering letter explicitly detailing your experience to date along with why you think you would be the right candidate for Rain Rescue and your expectations in this role. Include details about the actions you would propose to take initially as well as long term. Applications without accompanying letters including this will not be considered.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Understand Rain Rescue and what makes us special. Be responsible for devising, developing and implementing Rain Rescue’s fundraising programme to maximise income and provide exemplary stewardship. Working collaboratively within all areas to ensure voluntary income is maximised across the charity encouraging other teams to understand the part they can play towards income generation.
Responsible for raising income from individuals and high-value donors, grant making trusts, corporates and legacies. Incorporating the delivery of Donor Marketing, Social Media and Digital Fundraising plus providing exemplary Supporter Care.
This role will lead the Fundraising team and evaluate existing fundraising activities and focusing on ROI of activities for both short and long term income generation.
- Manage all fundraising activities throughout the charity utilising resources to maximise income.
- Take the lead role in the design and creation of a new CRM "DONORFY". Ensuring migration of supporters and relationships are efficiently transferred in with the assistance of a migration Consultant who will be migrating data and providing training. This process is underway.
- Do data research into our supporters and delivering a structured acquisition plan for all donors to maximise income and identify and recruit regular and major donors which will include both conversations and face-to-face meetings and understanding people's preferences.
- Produce an annual events programme to cultivate relationships that is suitable for generating income and suitable for what our size of organisation can achieve.
- Ability to find quick wins and campaigns throughout the year to produce regular income.
- Work collaboratively and alongside the Capital Appeal fundraising program.
- Building relationships through attending networking events and raising awareness of the charity and its needs as well as finding out the needs of potential business supporters and attracting support.
- Identify sponsorship packages that are in bite sized chunks where both individuals, businesses and where chosen as a Charity of the Year can identify and focus on raising funds to sponsor say a cat pen for a year.
- Build compelling cases of support using case studies around key areas of Rain Rescue’s work and producing PR and media promotion from such.
- Identifying potential grants and trusts and using relevant Case for Supports apply for funding to support ongoing costs and projects
- Ensure all donors are thanked in a timely manner and receive exemplary stewardship and supporter care that meets, and exceeds expectations.
- Keep-up-to-date of the latest legislative and statutory developments relating to the role, advising other staff and the Senior Management Team as appropriate.
- Ensure all policies and procedures within the Fundraising team are up to date and legally compliant.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- To be the lead contact for all fundraising opportunities including the management, coaching, training and support of the Community Fundraiser and other non specific fundraising staff.
- To support in the recruitment, induction and training of volunteers in accordance with the Charity’s policies and procedures that are able to work effectively and to the standard required by the Charity in order to raise funds and charity awareness.
- To manage and motivate the staff and volunteer team, providing guidance, feedback and coaching as required and manage performance through general feedback as well as appraisals and regular meetings, ensuring they are fulfilling their job role and responsibilities.
- To keep proper records of all training, appraisals and any other relevant purposes.
- To encourage staff and volunteer ownership and responsibility.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- To ensure a high level of housekeeping is maintained, creating an environment that is pleasant and safe for visitors, animal care staff and volunteers.
- To be accountable for ensuring all health and safety measures and procedures are observed and adhered to by staff, volunteers and the general public at any event the Rain Rescue team organise and advising as necessary, to volunteers and fundraising how to promote their events safely.
The Fundraising Manager is authorised to liaise with supporters, corporates, suppliers, other charities and any other organisations that might be necessary in the performance of these duties. With that authority, all contact must be made with consideration that the jobholder is acting as an ambassador for the Charity.
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the job. The jobholder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties as required by the needs and demands of the Charity from time to time
In addition to undertaking the duties outlined above, the jobholder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
Experience and Knowledge
Substantial fundraising experience and ideally with experience of devising new acquisition programmes and a minimum of 3 years recent experience in an active fundraising role.
Demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding income targets and ability to create a realistic Fundraising Strategy in which to meet them.
Have skills and experience of working with a small charity and in a team where you are the lead person responsible for all aspects of income generation.
Experience of managing a small team including setting achievable targets and supporting others to increase their knowledge of fundraising and income generation.
Ability to network, negotiate and incfluence including at high levels and with the experience of building strong and effective relationships with donors, potential supporters and other stakeholders.
Experience of researching individuals and matching their interests to suitable projects to build a long term relationship.
Experience of using data and training others to ensure accuracy of data.
Experience in generating income and recruiting new donors using all types of offline, online and social media including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Website and Text
Demonstrable track record of proactively securing new funder relationships.
Skills and Qualifications
Highly numerate, with the ability to create, maintain and monitor budgets and expenditure
Have already established some relationships with major donors and evidence of success in securing high value gifts.(above 4 figures) from own research and contacts
Ability to prioritise multiple demands
Excellent IT & presentation skills and managing events
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
Articulate and persuasive, with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships showing attention to detail.
Ability to write persuasive and engaging magazine and article appeals and reaching out using Direct Mail appeals and proposals to achieve income targets
Good communication and organisational skills
Present a positive and professional image at all times
Like dogs and cats and have an understanding of the need for our work.
Self Starter, highly motivated and organised with a positive work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude
Uphold the fundamental principles and act with integrity and in accordance with Rain Rescue’s values and obligations.
Recognise the implications of working within a charity and a voluntary organisation.
Work with integrity, impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
Act in accordance with the Charity’s Equal Opportunities Policy, which is designed to prevent discrimination of any kind and ensure equality of opportunity is a key principle that is continually embraced. Undertaking all duties in a way that values others and does not discriminate and promotes equality.
Ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the Charity’s health and safety, operational, performance management, personnel, data protection and financial regulations, policies and procedures.
Adopt a corporate image at all times and always act in the best interests of the Charity.
Maintain absolute confidentiality with regards to the Charity’s information, procedures, ways of working and clients.
Full driving licence and use of own vehicle for business use is required.
The role can have some home working, though at least one day will be in the office and you will be expected to travel and meet supporters and businesses as the need arises.
Able to work occasional unsociable hours, weekends and stay overnight if required for travel.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.