Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Digital Marketing Assistant
£20,500 + benefits (including 25 days annual leave and pension)
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
This Sunday Times Top 100 Not-For-Profit organisation is looking to appoint a Digital Marketing Assistant to support the digital team to deliver all online marketing and fundraising activity, increasing supporter engagement and maximising conversion and income generation.
Reporting to the Digital Manager, you will manage Rainbow Trust’s social media channels and create compelling digital content to tell engaging stories that show the impact of Rainbow Trust’s support on families and inspire action from supporters. Working alongside the Digital Marketing Executive, you will also assist with a variety of activities including email marketing, paid and non-paid advertising, SEO, analysis and ongoing website optimisation and maintenance.
You will help to deliver campaigns across multiple digital channels and platforms, whilst assisting with day-to-day operations of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your knowledge and hands-on experience of digital marketing and fundraising, and to grow your career in the charity sector.
This is an exciting time to join the team as digital and data are at the heart of our fundraising and engagement strategy. Developing our digital capabilities and activity is core to the charity’s growth plans, so the work you and your colleagues do in the digital team will make a real difference.
Location: Our new, modern Head Office is situated in Leatherhead, Surrey located just 45 minutes from London Waterloo and Victoria and 25 minutes from Guildford. We are less than a 10 minute walk from Leatherhead Station and the town centre, with free on-site parking. Regular travel throughout the London and Essex Regions will be required.
What we’re looking for:
· Excellent and clear written communicator – experience of producing compelling written content and engaging people on social media
· Sound understanding of the essential principals of digital marketing – you may not have been directly involved in digital campaigns, but will have some experience of editing web content (using a Content Management System), writing post copy for multiple social media channels and have an understanding of digital analytics (Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, etc) and basic SEO principles
· Socially focused and collaborative – with an emphasis on helping others, being a warm and persuasive team member and building supportive relationships
· Practical and people-oriented – you are friendly and have a genuine interest in the business, agenda and needs of others, and are responsive to other people’s needs and concerns
· Working at a faster than average pace on multiple, simultaneous projects where every day is different - you maintain accuracy whilst correctly handling details, ensuring the work is completed on time
· Willingness and desire to learn – you demonstrate a readiness to learn more about digital and wish to grow your digital marketing experience by learning to work across a variety of digital channels and platforms
· Applications will be particularly welcome from those who are familiar with the charity sector and have experience of working with a digital marketing environment.
· Educated to A level or equivalent, excellent writing and copy-editing skills are essential. It is also important that you are able to demonstrate your skills in analysing and reporting on digital activity and identifying digital trends.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, please visit our website.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to us via the link.
As this role relies heavily on the production of written content, applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
For a detailed job description visit rainbowtrust org uk or call 01372-220073.
First interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead on 16/17 September with second interviews being held on 23/24 September 2019. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful and may close the role early if sufficient applications have been received.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation. Registered Charity No: 1070532