Up to £29,000 pa + benefits (including 25 days annual leave and pension)
Leatherhead (flexible working options available)
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is going through an exciting time where we are rebuilding!
Following a difficult year, we are pleased to be able to begin growing our care teams so that we can continue to deliver a high-quality family support service to more families in need. Our strategic plan is to rebuild and then continue to grow to reach more families in need of support, so this is a perfect time to join us.
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About you and the role:
This Best Companies Top 100 mid-sized company and Top 20 charity is looking to appoint a Philanthropy Fundraiser who will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with high-net-worth individuals and trusts to raise the funds we need to deliver our services. Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager, you will have the autonomy to develop your own ways of working, managing Rainbow Trust’s Major Funder programme
With our growth plans, this is an exciting time to join the team. Have you experience in working in a busy environment where you are using your persuasive approach to develop great relationships? Perhaps you have been a headhunter, or you are currently working in the commercial sector in a role that requires you get to know important clients well and are ready for a move into the Charity sector where you can use your skills to make a difference to people’s lives.
Are you interested in understanding people, with a high level of emotional intelligence and thrive when you can use these skills to hit targets and grow income?
The role gives you the opportunity to develop your research and communication skills, when you plan to engage new donors and write compelling funding proposals and reports.
As we have recently returned to the office after lockdowns and restrictions easing, we are getting used to the new world and generally working a hybrid three of five days in the office.
What we’re looking for:
- A motivating, empathetic and persuasive communicator – you have clear and creative writing skills, are skilled at writing funding proposals and communicate confidently in person and over the phone. An ability to empathise with donors and communicate effectively about our work with children and families, and our strategy, is key.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and socially-focused – you quickly connect with others, build effective working relationships and have a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care – you adhere to established guidelines, policies and procedures, and provide outstanding stewardship.
- You thrive working in a busy environment on multiple priorities simultaneously – results-oriented and a fast learner, you respond quickly to pressure and a changing environment.
- Confident use of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you have strong attention to detail, are comfortable working with data, and produce high quality accurate work.
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have experience of cultivating long lasting relationships – working with high-net-worth individuals and/or trusts and foundations
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us more information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to us via the link.
Interviews will take place either at our Head Office in Leatherhead or on Zoom, with the dates to be confirmed.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
As a CQC registered organisation, it is an expectation that all Rainbow Trust employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless medically exempt).
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation. Registered Charity No: 1070532