We're looking for experienced and qualified home based, part time volunteers who can offer a few hours per week to help us at Ranger Cadets to help us make a difference by supporting us in the set up and creation of the Ranger Cadets in the following key areas:
- Fundraising (to write grants and generate income for startup costs, uniforms and running costs, including volunteer expenses and materials and resources for young people to ensure we have the funds and resources needed).
- Branding (to help us create a brand that is easy to identify, makes us stand out, gives us respect in the community and shows us as a professional group that is making a difference to the lives of young people and also in the community).
- Finance (to help us set up a bank account, create financial monitoring systems and processes, create a financial controls policy, deal with day to day financial aspects to deal with the bank, HMRC and reporting to the Charity Commission and all other financial aspects at Ranger Cadets).
- Marketing and Comms (to create a clear message and be our chief storyteller, creating content for social media, local and national press and to increase awareness of Ranger Cadets while dealing with all day to day comms, ensuring we are seen and heard and creating a positive image and vibe for our new organisation).
- Programme Development (to create a fun, interactive and informal learning syllabus for cadets to take part in that help young people increase their awareness and skills in areas such as life, social and employability skills, personal development, builds confidence and resilience and enables young people to not only gain these vital life changing skills and knowledge but also enables them to earn badges for their uniform and helps them gain promotion within the Ranger Cadets).
- Project Management (to lead on a range of projects such as the setup of Ranger Cadets, to leading on the opening of new cadet units and other projects needed throughout the life of the organisation).
- Training Programme Creation (to create a recruit training programme for new young people into the Ranger Cadets in order for them to get their uniform, to create a youth leadership programme, where young people learn how to train and lead other young people get promoted to NCO and take a lead within their units, and also to create an induction for adult volunteers that enables them to be ready to work with young people and run and manage a weekly cadet unit).
- Management (to help run and manage Ranger Cadets across England, especially in London and Dorset our key starting areas, taking on a management role or helping to manage the organisation overall).
The Ranger Cadets is a new independent not for profit uniformed youth development organisation that is being set up to work with young people aged 13 to 25 years old across England in a new cadet organisation, providing new opportunities and experiences, such as life and social skills, team work, community engagement, training, fun, community spirit and personal development at weekly unit cadet meet ups which will take place one night per week normally held between 7pm and 9pm in which young people (Cadets) will take part in fun, challenging and rewarding activities, they also will get to complete missions and challenges in order to earn and receive badges for their uniform, gain accreditations in a wide range of topics and feel a sense of belonging and achievement. We aim to ensure young people are “Prepared for Life” and all the challenges that they may face as an adult.
As well as attending weekly unit cadet meet ups, Cadets will get involved within the community at weekends attending and supporting public community events as well as attending camps, residentials, trips and other youth development activities.
We are a non-political and non-religious youth organisation that is open and welcoming to everyone regardless of their background. Our overall aim is to prepare our next generation of young people preparing them for their adult lives and give them the tools and skills to live independently and successful.
We need experienced and qualified people at this stage as we are a start-up and need people who know what they are doing and who can get on with tasks and take a lead on them without being told what to do or needing supervision.
If you have what it takes and are looking for a volunteer role that you can really help to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
We are accepting CV’s as Applications at this early stage.
As we are very busy and getting lots of interest in a large variety of roles, please confirm which area you are applying for to make it easier for us to review and place you application and then get back to you with further information.
PLEASE NOTE: These roles are NON-Uniform Roles.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to receiving your completed application as detailed above.