- Are you aged 13 to 25 years old?
- Are you up for a real challenge?
- Do you enjoy working with other young people?
- Could you make a real difference and help set up a new uniformed youth development organisation?
- Would you like to volunteer?
We're looking for young people (under 25 years old) to join us as Young Leaders on our Youth Council to help us create and set up The Ranger Cadets across England.
The Ranger Cadets is a new independent not for profit uniformed youth development organisation working with young people aged 13 to 25 years old across England, providing new opportunities and experiences, such as life and social skills, team work, community engagement, training, fun, community and personal development at weekly unit cadet meet ups which take place one night per week normally held between 7pm and 9pm in which young people (Cadets) take part in fun, challenging and rewarding activities, they also will get to complete missions and challenges in order to receive badges for their uniform, gain accreditations in a wide range of topics and feel a sense of belonging and achievement. We aim to ensure young people are “Prepared for Life”.
As well as attending weekly unit cadet meet ups, Cadets take part in weekend public duties supporting public community events as well as attending camps, residentials, trips and other youth development activities.
We are a non-political and non-religious youth organisation that is open and welcoming to everyone regardless of their background. Our overall aim is to prepare our next generation of young people preparing them for their adult lives and give them the tools and skills to live independently and successful.
Young people have already been involved and helped us from choosing our name, to designing our logo and publicity, made decisions about our activities and where they feel we should be heading and now we are looking for some new young people to join Ranger Cadets as Young Leaders on our Youth Council to help us reach our next goal and ensure young people are at the front and centre of what we do.
The Youth Council will be the voice and face of the organisation and for young people within the organisation as well, where you will attend monthly online Zoom meetings, give your suggestions, opinions and ideas, and feedback your views about the Ranger Cadets, while also getting involved in lots of other areas of Ranger Cadets.
Young Leaders on our Youth Council can also get involved in the following areas too;
- Plan and organise activities for young people and help us to create and open new programmes and cadet units.
- Get involved in fundraising activities.
- Promote the Ranger Cadets and increase awareness.
- Engage with other young people across England and get them involved.
- Get involved in the recruitment and selection of our volunteers.
- Attend our programmes and activities, as well as an option to join our actual cadet units.
- Create a short advert/film to promote the Ranger Cadets.
- Help Ranger Cadets grow into a successful youth development organisation for young people across England.
- And much, much more.
We need young people who can;
- Actively take part and attend monthly meetings usually held on Zoom, one evening a month between 6pm and 9pm.
- Turn up to every meeting and on time.
- Help us create an amazing youth development organisation for young people across England.
- Confidently speak about their ideas, suggestions and able to promote our new organisation to others, including other young people and adults.
- Help us make a difference to the lives of young people.
- Get involved in other areas of the Ranger Cadets to make it a success.
- Be the face and voice of Ranger Cadets and be on our publicity, help us create social media content and short and mini videos about the organisation.
What are the benefits volunteering with Ranger Cadets?
- An opportunity to really help shape our new organisation and be involved from the very start.
- Hands on experience that looks great on your CV.
- Experience of working within a charitable and youth organisation.
- Make a huge difference.
- Training to help you grow and develop in the role and for your future.
- Reference for future employers or educational courses.
- A chance to build and shape the culture of our organisation.
- Gain Life Skills and Meet New People from across England.
- So much more than just a volunteer role.
You can also join us as a Cadet once we are set up if you are interested in joining your local cadet unit.
Help us make a difference to young people’s lives but also to our community and our country.
To apply, get in touch for registration form.
Thank you for your time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.