RANGER CADETS is a pilot not-for-profit voluntary uniformed programme for young people aged 13-19 years old in England that will be launching in 2020.
- Pro-actively work against social exclusion and encourage inclusion.
- Make a valuable contribution to our local communities.
- Provide our young people, many of whom come from disadvantaged backgrounds and areas, positive role models, skills & personal development as well as fun activities, to encourage them into the mainstream,
- Raise personal aspirations, discipline, respect, self-confidence, self-worth, and self-belief.
RANGER CADETS specifically will provide a range of activities and personal development opportunities, which promote physical, intellectual, mental, social and spiritual well-being of both the individual and the team. This helps achieve a young person’s full inner potential positively through 'learning by doing,' giving young people fresh opportunities, responsibility and a sense of community and belonging. We believe this is more essential and relevant than ever before due to the challenges facing society and young people in the UK today.
The Volunteer Role:
We are seeking young Volunteers to join us as Uniformed NCOs (Youth Leadership) for our new weekly Cadet Unit on a Tuesday evening 7-9pm in Tower Hamlets E2, where you will support the Officer in Charge to run our weekly evening based cadet unit for 2 hours every week with occasional weekend daytime activities such as attending public events as Ranger Cadets, training or other adhoc activities. Leading Cadets in this youth leadership role as well.
We are seeking to fill the following roles;
- Cadet Sergeant - Overall in charge of the cadets at the unit each week, providing excellent management and an amazing youth programme.
- Cadet Corporal - In charge of a small group of Cadets, supporting them and guiding them, as well as training them in topics and areas of Rnager Cadets.
- Senior Cadet - Supporting the Cadet Corporals in their duties, while supporting and guiding other Cadets.
You will also take part in activities, public events and help us in developing our pilot uniformed cadet programme into a fully-fledged organisation. You will learn leadership skills, get to lead on sessions and activities, and become one of the Cadet NCOs within Ranger Cadets.
We require a minimum of approx. 12 months commitment for this role (longer if you want to stay beyond our pilot programme) and move up the ranks of the Ranger Cadets.
By taking part you will take part in fun, rewarding activities and gain new experiences. You will also be able to help us shape and develop our programme, ensuring that it’s fun, interactive and relevant to the needs of young people and you will also help the Ranger Cadets in other areas such as recruiting more young people and adult volunteers into the organisation, taking a lead in their training and development and supporting the running of the Ranger Cadets, while also being the faces of the organisation, taking part in publicity events and so much more.
Previous experience as a Cadet, Officer or within a Cadet Organisation would be an added bonus but is not essential. We welcome people from all backgrounds, abilities and diversity as we are a tolerant and welcoming organisation to all.
To sign up just email us and we will send you a Registration Form.