RASASC Cheshire and Merseyside are a registered charity providing specialist advice, support, and information to survivors of sexual violence across Cheshire and in Knowsley & St Helens (Merseyside). We have 8 centres based in our commissioned areas.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated ISVA to work collaboratively within an integrated team of counsellors and pathway navigators. The ISVA will provide a trauma informed, service-user led service support to survivors of both recent and non-recent abuse and support clients in coping with and recovering from their experience of abuse/trauma. This post is full time and based in our office in St Helens, Merseyside.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Conduct and regularly review comprehensive risk and needs assessments and individual, tailored care plans to help clients keep safe
- Identify/respond to risk/safeguarding concerns whilst following internal and local policies & procedures.
- Work partnership (and attend multi agency meeting) with a wide range of external partner agencies including the Police, CPS, Court Services, Social Care, Education, GPs, Mental health services etc to meet the needs of and provide specialist advice, support, and advocacy to victims of sexual violence
- Provide practical and emotional (non-therapeutic) support to clients in person/online/telephone
- Co-ordinate support to individuals on their pathway to wellbeing, recovery and social inclusion
- Work collaboratively and build trusting professional relationships with clients and external agencies.
- Complete internal/external referrals when appropriate and relevant signposting
- Provide support to clients to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, maximising their independence and engaging in appropriate community or clinical resources/interventions
- Explain criminal legal, and relevant, civil remedies to clients including criminal injuries compensation
- Provide specialist information, support and advocacy throughout the criminal justice system whilst ensuring clients are aware of their rights, choices and their voices remain central to the process
- Provide support and facilitate access to the Sexual Assault Referral Centre/GUM clinic
- Risk assess, respond, and follow local pathways in relation to Domestic Abuse, child sexual abuse which may include referrals to/attendance at multi agency risk assessment conferences
- Provide support to immediate family members where appropriate
- Manage a large caseload of clients, prioritise tasks and effectively manage workload.
- Accurately record data and maintain clients online case file in real time via the bespoke data system
- To complete accurate performance management reports to funders and commissioners
- Staying up to date with partner agencies, VAWG sector and legislation in order inform survivors
- To have a clear understanding and ability to respond to sexual violence myths, rape trauma syndrome, the long-term mental health effects of sexual violence, self harm, suicidal ideation.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by the senior management team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.