Reach Events is one of Derby’s largest, premier events venues and we are looking for an outstanding Events Manager, following our ¾ million-pound refurbishment. At Reach Events we always strive for excellence, care about relationships and are passionate about helping our communities. Ideally situated on Derby’s premier business park, the Reach Centre boasts a huge conferencing and banqueting hall with integrated state-of-the-art lighting, sound and AV. There are also eight additional training rooms as well as a café-bar and coworking space. As well as being a professional business, Reach Events is a social enterprise owned by Reach Church, meaning 100% of our profits are reinvested to help people and communities.
This really is an amazing role, which is both fun and demanding. You'll manage the whole events process from the planning stage, right through to running the events and carrying out the post-event evaluation. You will love talking to clients and promoting our fantastic events venue. You will be responsible for motivating and managing a top-class events team and will work efficiently under pressure. This role requires you to be extremely organised, with an attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude which will ensure every event is a success. You will be committed to our vision to become the best events venue in the East Midlands, helping our city to thrive and reinvesting 100% of our profits to support people and communities. The Events Manager will also enthusiastically serve Reach Church to deliver its events and weekly activities and will regularly join in Reach team gatherings.
Please note This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. May 2022.
- To manage an outstanding and professional events service for all who use, visit, or contact Reach, including Reach Church.
The ideal candidate will have a background in managing events or another customer-facing business, and a proven ability to influence at all levels. You will have strong project management experience and be able to meet tight deadlines. This role will suit someone with a highly positive attitude and evidence of excellent staff management and leadership skills. You will have a great ability to lead, manage and motivate others to reach their full potential. You will be a strong team player with good interpersonal abilities and strong organisational and planning skills. You will be working for a fantastic charity that enables outstanding events to be delivered.
The following are the key responsibilities of the role:
- Planning and delivering a portfolio of events
- Developing and establishing effective event management plans
- Liaising with all third-party suppliers
- Working to set budgets and sales targets
- Adhering to tight deadlines
- Ensuring the optimum level of customer service is delivered
- Managing the Events team
- Creating effective relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Taking sales enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with efficiently
- Making sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- Being onsite to continue support
- Post-event evaluation
- Research opportunities for new clients and events
There are some activities which apply to all members of staff, and these are listed below:
- To further the aims and objectives of Reach
- To participate fully in other Reach meetings, including prayer meetings, training and activities arranged centrally or by other teams where appropriate
- To undertake other duties in the organisation to help when required
Core Skills and Experience
- Strong values which fit our organisation
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as an Event Manager or in business management
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from suppliers and contractors
- Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event
- Project management experience
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Sales and marketing skills to promote events
- The ability to manage budgets
- A flexible, target-driven, proactive approach
- Administrative and IT skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
5% pension employers pension contribution.