An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Event Fundraiser to join our busy and ambitious Fundraising Team to make a real difference for St Christopher’s, a well-established and highly respected organisation. As the Event Fundraiser you will be part of the Community and Event Fundraising Team and will contribute to the £1 million raised annually through a series of fundraising events and initiatives.
Event fundraising is central to the success of our fundraising programme. We are looking for a driven and motivated individual to manage, develop and grow a series of existing events; Food Festival, Christmas Market and The Big Quiz Challenge to increase income from our successful community and events programme. Working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills as well as the confidence and ability to represent the charity in your day to day work and at events. Our roles are a mixture of being very hands-on and working strategically to ensure that St Christopher’s meets its long-term objectives. Reporting to the Senior Events Fundraiser, you will work closely with them and the Community and Event Fundraising Manager to continually assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the events fundraising programme and making recommendations to ensure that we are maximising our income.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- · Community and/or events fundraising with the ability to inspire and motivate fundraisers and develop new opportunities and initiatives.
- · Able to motivate & engage with volunteers and mobilise them toward our fundraising activities
- · Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong relationships with individuals and groups
- · Ability to focus on impact and deliver outstanding events in a team environment and contribute positively as part of a team.
- · Well organised, able to prioritise your own work with an attention to detail
- · Excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
You will also benefit from a competitive salary and generous annual leave scheme.
Check out our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s on our website. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 10th February 2020
Interviews: 17th February 2020 / 18th February 2020
Please note that this position includes some evening and weekend working.