About Reaching Higher
Reaching Higher is a youth organisation inspiring young people to be leaders in their own lives. We work at a grassroots level with over 500 young people aged 10-21 each year across Croydon and surrounding South London boroughs, delivering our projects in school and community settings.
Developed in partnership with local churches, we are a youth-led charity with a Christian ethos. We are faith-based, not faith biased and seek to work with young people from all backgrounds irrespective of faith.
We have a particular emphasis on providing mentoring support to young people and supporting their development as leaders. We have established strong links with key local, London and UK-wide organisations, and our approach leads us into regular working contact with partner schools, community groups and churches.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for the new CEO to lead Reaching Higher and its team of 15 fantastic and engaged staff. You will be building on the charity’s growth story of the last decade and will be leading a well-established and respected organisation through its next stage of growth.
We are looking for a passionate and talented CEO who demonstrates:
- A strong track record in strategic leadership and management with a successful track record of organisational development and growth
- A passion for young people, particularly those from diverse communities, and a strong desire to help create platforms for their voice to be heard
- The ability to embrace, utilise and develop the charities leadership team of managers and staff, helping them shape their development and engaging them and their experiences in the next stage of growth
- An understanding of the challenges currently facing the community and voluntary sector, particularly related to young people
- Ambition to grow the organisation so it can increase its sphere of influence
- Financial management experience and the ability to ensure the organisation can grow robustly
- A clear understanding of good governance, safeguarding and legal responsibilities and the ability to work successfully with a board
- Alignment to our Christian ethos and values of the charity
How To Apply
Recruitment for this role is being co-ordinated by Joe Santry at Christian Jobs and you will be redirected there to apply.
Closing date for applications is Monday 10 January 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.