ReachOut is a mentoring charity supporting young people from disadvantaged areas to develop character and improve Maths and English skills through one-to-one mentoring from positive volunteer role models.
The Fundraising Officer will be responsible for managing several existing trust relationships, as well as engaging new trusts and foundations to grow our portfolio of funders. As part of a rapidly growing charity the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on this income stream by delivering against ambitious targets. , The role will also include managing a number of small corporate partnerships, as well as supporting the wider Fundraising Team with community fundraising events. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with trusts & foundations fundraising experience looking to branch out into a more varied role within fundraising.
You'll be part of a supportive Fundraising Team of three, reporting to the Business Development Manager and working closely with the project delivery team and Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage and develop a number of existing and new trust and foundation funders, including writing funding applications and providing excellent relationship management and stewardship
- Research, identify and maintain a consistently strong pipeline of new trust and foundation prospects
- Identify new funding opportunities and develop external networks that will support and grow our funding capabilities
- Be responsible for all funding and grant reporting requirements, and communications, for your portfolio of partners
- Manage a small portfolio of corporate partnerships, including day to day relationship management and employee volunteering and fundraising activities
- Support community fundraising events (e.g. Hackney Half Marathon)
- Keep Salesforce, our database of funders, up to date
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Manager to promote fundraising through our digital channels
- Ensure that ReachOut policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Carry out any other duties as required by ReachOut and to act in a manner that is in keeping with ReachOut’s values
- Experience of trusts and foundations fundraising and successful track record of generating income
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce compelling proposals
- Belief in the ReachOut mission and passionate about our character building agenda
- Experience of corporate fundraising, new business development and/or sales/marketing with an understanding of how these skills can be utilised in a corporate fundraising function(desirable)
- Great team player (this is very important at ReachOut) but with the initiative to work alone, manage own workload and prioritise
- Proficient IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office programmes
- A positive, proactive, and can do attitude
- Has the ability to adapt and learn
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary (time off in lieu will be given for very occasional weekend work) and willing to travel to various locations in London to attend meetings, projects and events
Please note, we will be reviewing applications and holding interviews on a rolling basis with a view to fill the position as soon as possible so you are advised to apply early. Shortlisted candidates will also be asked to complete a written task after their interview. There may be second round interviews if required.
Please note, if you are a successful candidate you will be required to undergo an enhanced criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. ReachOut will cover the cost of the check and guide you through the process. All staff have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.