This is an exciting time to be joining ReachOut. Having appointed a new CEO in March 2021 and developed and rolled out an online mentoring programme to support the needs of school children during COVID-19, we are ambitious for the organisation to expand its reach and impact.
The new Head of Delivery will be part of the Senior Management Team and have the opportunity to contribute to the organisation’s long-term strategic planning to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of young people at this uniquely challenging time, and that our staff and mentors continue to help them develop the character strengths required to go on to lead good, happy and successful lives.
The post-holder will have strategic oversight of all mentoring delivery work at ReachOut, working closely with the CEO and Senior Management Team to do this.
In addition to being an inspiring, engaging leader who brings extensive front line youth work experience, the successful candidate will need strong management and planning skills and be responsible for promoting a culture of safeguarding throughout the organisation. They will report to the Chief Executive.
The Head of Delivery will:
- Work with the SMT & Board to deliver ReachOut’s strategy.
- Oversee ReachOut’s programme of mentoring work and maximise outcomes for our young people by ensuring consistent, quality delivery and effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all projects
- Own design and implementation of our mentoring work, keeping character development as our key focus
- Lead on the management and development of our volunteer mentors
- Lead on programme development in all locations
- Build and develop relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Provide leadership to our project staff team, including permanent staff, Project Leaders and volunteer mentors
- Act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead for ReachOut, and sustain our culture of safeguarding throughout the organisation
Leadership and Line Management
- Work with the CEO, SMT and Board to achieve ReachOut’s mission
- Line manage middle managers in all locations and provide leadership to the wider team, including full time staff, sessional staff and volunteers
- Ensure the learning and development needs of all delivery staff and volunteers are met
- Ensure that ReachOut policies and procedures are followed and adhered to by the Project team in all locations
- Lead on recruitment and development of ReachOut’s volunteer mentors
- Oversee all delivery work at ReachOut, ensuring consistent, quality delivery and effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all projects
- Own design and implementation of our mentoring work, leading on reviewing existing services and assessing new services or approaches
- Ensure character development sits at the heart of all our delivery work, helping our young people grow up into good, happy and successful young adults
New business and programme development
- Lead on strategic planning for delivery and programme development in all locations
- Build and develop relationships with all relevant stakeholders to increase our reach and deepen our impact on young people
- Build and develop ReachOut’s network and pipeline of schools and potential delivery partners including local authority and other organisations
- Act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead for ReachOut
- Work with the SMT to sustain our culture of safeguarding throughout the organisation
- Review related policies and procedures annually
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained in safeguarding practice at ReachOut
- Report on delivery to the Board of Trustees, prepare papers for and attend sub-committee and full board meetings every quarter
- Carry out other duties as required by ReachOut
- Act in a manner that is in keeping with ReachOut’s values
- Demonstrable belief in ReachOut’s mission and passion for our work
- 5+ years’ experience directly line managing full time staff
- Experience of leading, training and developing a team made up of staff members of different levels of seniority
- 5+ years’ experience of managing services for young people and meeting targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of building relationships with various stakeholders at a senior level
- Extensive front-line experience working with young people
- An understanding of the education system at KS2, KS3 and KS4 Level
- Experience in leading on safeguarding policy and procedures and managing safeguarding concerns
- Good communicator: orally and in writing
- Proactive and can use initiative and find solutions to problems
- Has the ability to adapt and learn
- Positive, energising and adopts a “can do” mentality
- Proficient IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Can work flexible hours when necessary
- Willing to travel to various locations to attend projects and events
- Willing to travel to our Manchester Office regularly and stay overnight if required
Please note, if you are a successful candidate you will be required to undergo an enhanced criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. ReachOut will cover the cost of the check and guide you through the process. All staff have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
Please note that we are reviewing applications and interviewing shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis so you are advised to submit your application early.
- First-round interview with the Senior Management Team
- Second-round interview with the Board of Trustees
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.