Job Description & Person Specification
Marketing and Campaigns Manager
Salary: £35,000-£43,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Manchester M13
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Closing Date: 30/08/19
About READ Foundation
READ Foundation is a UK based registered charity working to create school places for children living in poverty in the developing world.
We create opportunities for orphan and needy children to go to school to gain an education and build a better life for themselves. We do this by renovating old dilapidated schools or constructing entirely new ones from the ground up, as well as offering full scholarships to orphan children and subsidised fees to children from low-income families.
We created our first school in 1994 with a single classroom of 25 children, while as of this academic year we are now running 386 schools, in which over 100,000 children study, almost 10% of whom are orphaned by father or both parents. However, with a global shortage of classrooms in the millions, there is still much to do to achieve universal education.
Purpose of Job
As our Marketing and Campaigns Manager you will be responsible for supporting the development of and implementing READ Foundation’s marketing strategy, including the preparation and delivery of effective, creative and dynamic marketing campaigns designed to support the charity’s growth ambitions.
- Develop a marketing promotion and communications strategy.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns and activities to maximise market penetration and growth.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Work with SMT to deliver the overall marketing plan on time and to budget
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Undertake research to identify and qualify growth opportunities including analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Manage the charity’s brand and ensure strong awareness through various communication channels.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material and collateral in line with marketing plans.
- Gathering analytics from marketing campaigns and creating discussion documents in order to facilitate key organisational decisions.
- Responsibility for event activity, leading on the development and implementation of creative event delivery plans which achieve specific objectives whilst coordinating with the overall sector marketing strategy.
- Manage and support the Marcoms, digital and content team projects on time and to the agreed budget.
- Manage the design and production of all marketing collateral, digital content and promotional activity (including via third party relations).
- Oversee online activity and new donors acquisition activities
- Ensure the annual tendering process for outsourcing, print and all other marketing related giveaways and launch materials is to budget and audited regularly.
- Develop and maintain the external marketing of the company profile, via PR, website, and other marketing material and channels.
- Ensuring all marketing activity is compliant with national/international legislation as required to protect the charity and minimise risk.
- Managing and authorising expenditure to ensure costs are within the marketing budget.
- Providing reports and statistical data to support reporting and evaluation and to drive business growth.
- Work with subject matter experts, researchers and external writers to create content and marketing materials.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
Special Working Conditions
- Work occasional flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Instructions to Apply
Please send your full CV and supporting letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the person specification for the post.
Knowledge and experience
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of marketing and communications techniques, both on and off-line.
- Sound understanding marketing/advertising codes of practice and new GDPR data requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience, with an emphasis on integrated marketing
- Able to plan, execute and manage international campaigns
- Experienced in all forms of marketing including digital and direct mail
- Organised, with a keen eye for detail
- Personable - must be a good communicator
- Capable of leading tasks and projects
- Demonstrated track record in executing marketing related events, internet and social media strategic programs
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder