Real is about to launch our new support planning service called Taking Control of Your Life. We have funding for three years for this exciting new project. We are recruiting an entry-level Adviser position to jointly deliver this new service to disabled people living and working in Tower Hamlets. The service will help improve the level of choice and control they have over the way they live their lives. This is an exciting opportunity to work for the only pan-disability, user-led organisation in Tower Hamlets; helping us to provide remarkable services to, and outcomes for, disabled people in the borough. The project also works alongside a group of local disabled people to “change the system”, making sure that statutory services, and service providers, listen to the needs of the people that use them and adapt to meet those needs better.
This role requires a motivated, person-centred individual who is quick to learn, and motivated to make a positive difference to the lives of others. Previous experience of support banning would be helpful, but what’s more important is your attitudes and your values.
Real is proud of its principles of valuing everyone and never discriminating. As a user-led organisation of local disabled people we particularly welcome applicants who are disabled or who live in Tower Hamlets.
Why you should work for Real
- We are a dynamic, growing third sector organisation and a user-led organisation of disabled people. We are firmly driven by our principles and ethos.
- We are a progressive organisation, constantly looking to work more effectively. But this does not mean we abandon our principles.
- We have a good reputation with our funders and our clients, and support approximately 1000 people in the community each year.
- We actively embrace diversity in all forms. Our clients relate to us more because we reflect their reality.
- We consider disability in our employees an asset.
- There is a great atmosphere and good staff morale.
- In a number of areas we are at the forefront of being part of an evolving and developing third sector in Tower Hamlets.
Applications close: Monday 20 July 2020
Click on the link to our website where you will find:
- more information about Real
- important information about the recruitment process
- more information about the role
- the job description and person specification
- an application form.
Once you have read the information above, if you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Mike Smith, the CEO, or Richard Stewart, the Head of Programmes, via our reception.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.