Real is recruiting a Communications and Marketing Coordinator. We recognise it’s important to be really clear about articulating who Real is for, how we can help them, and how they can get involved in Real’s work. We want to reach new audiences creatively, getting our messages out to a variety of stakeholders. There are challenges in doing this in a truly accessible way.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and knowledgeable person to lead our communications and marketing work. You will report directly to the Head of Programmes (although you will work closely and collaboratively with a range of colleagues) and together you will be responsible for developing and implementing a new communication strategy and action plan. We know that we want to be more relevant to more people. The role will combine both strategic and day-to-day communications and marketing work. We also want to ensure our communications are two-way with our constituency.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the only pan-disability, user-led organisation in Tower Hamlets; helping us to provide remarkable services to, and outcomes for, disabled people in the borough.
This role requires a motivated, capable individual who is able to inspire other staff, volunteers and members of the public to collaborate to help us really “tell the story” about how we can help and make a difference. You will be both strategic, and able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. There are no roles reporting into this position currently, but there may be in future, and there are other staff and volunteers who will need guidance and support in communications activities.
We are about to launch a new two-year project, delivered with 4 other partners, to campaign against and highlight the iniquities of charging disabled people for their social care. You will also be responsible for leading the communications and marketing (in conjunction with a range of other organisations) for this project. This will be an exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact on the policy and practice of London local authorities.
Real is proud of its principles of valuing everyone and never discriminating. As a user-led organisation of local disabled people we particularly welcome applicants who are disabled or who live in Tower Hamlets.
Why you should work for Real
- We are a dynamic, growing third sector organisation and a user-led organisation of disabled people. We are firmly driven by our principles and ethos.
- We are a progressive organisation, constantly looking to work more effectively. But this does not mean we abandon our principles.
- We have a good reputation with our funders and our clients, and support approximately 1000 people in the community each year.
- We actively embrace diversity in all forms. Our clients relate to us more because we reflect their reality.
- We consider disability in our employees an asset.
- There is a great atmosphere and good staff morale.
- In a number of areas we are at the forefront of being part of an evolving and developing third sector in Tower Hamlets.
Applications close: midday on Wednesday 6 October
Click on the link to our website here you will find:
- more information about Real
- important information about the recruitment process
- more information about the role
- the job description and person specification
- an application form
Once you have read the information above, if you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Mike Smith, the CEO, via our reception.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.