Digital Communications & Events Manager – 21 hours a week
Reporting to the Head of Communications and External Affairs in this exciting, newly created role, you will be central to positioning Reall as thought leaders and the ‘go to’ organisation for affordable housing in Africa and Asia to increase income, influence and impact.
We’re looking for a strategically minded, technically able, dynamic person to significantly raise our profile and showcase our pioneering work to key investors, decision makers and sector thought leaders.
We are poised to make a huge breakthrough in our sector - we need your passion, skills and drive to really deliver on our potential as disrupters and innovators on our external platforms including social, our website and prominent participation at key events.
We need a skilled manager that will drive a social media programme with sector thought leaders, investors, partners and media partners to create and share relevant content and test innovative approaches that allow us to stand out in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
The manager will put together robust processes that allow us to horizon scan strategically important events to get our experts and brand in front of important decision makers and formalise and embed a process and manage our participation from initiation to completion.
Reall are poised to make a huge step change in our external profile. This is an exciting role. It will suit someone who is hungry to make their mark and make a difference.
This role will be based in Coventry, with the possibility of occasional international travel. You will be working 21 hours per week and we are open to flexible working patterns which may suit freelancers or parents, subject to the objectives of the role being met. We are a small team of 35 who achieve big things, in a fast paced, very friendly and fun office.
- Manage the development and implementation of Reall’s digital strategy to position us as an innovative and attractive organisation to potential funders and investors
- Lead and grow Reall’s social media operation, using insight and expertise to devise a programme of compelling content that draws in strategic audiences, creates engagement and presents Reall positively for funding
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the Reall website, making improvements to its functionality, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance
- Lead our digital copy writing, including SEO and proactively sourcing digital outlets for our stories
- Identify and shape Reall’s presence and high-level participation in strategically important sector events, conferences and awards. Ensuring Reall is front of mind for event organisers in terms of inviting Reall to speak, or participate in panels
- Project managing our participation in key sector and investor events and contribute to the development and implementation of Reall’s overall event and awards plans, ensuring the programme of events is meeting awareness and fundraising needs
- Project manage a portfolio of events and lead project teams to ensure that all participants are clear in their roles while driving the project forwards. Aspects included dealing with suppliers, planning and logistics, processing invoices, ensuring staff attendees are well briefed
Experience: At least three years' experience in a digital communications role with experience of creating content and managing websites, SEO and the organisational skills to run events.
- Strong copywriting and verbal communication skills
- A strategic mindset with excellent execution
- Best practise understanding of the digital landscape
- Good working knowledge of web analytics, SEO, Wordpress and Adwords
- Strong organisation and project management skills to manage events
- Experience using Photoshop, in-design and Adobe Creative Cloud to help create content for the website and social platforms
- Great communicator
- Works well under pressure and enjoys a fast-moving environment
- Innovative and entrepreneurial
- Able to work with minimal supervision, use initiative and drive results
- Able to prioritise own workload and to see a task through from start to finish
- Culturally sensitive
Reall is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and clients with whom Reall engages. Reall expects all staff to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which will include criminal records for all roles and finance checks for Exec appointments.
How to apply:
We want to hear from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role.
You're one click away ... Apply Now!
Closing date for this role is Friday 21st of February, 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.