Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Investor Relations in this exciting newly created role, you will be working with the Investor Relations Manager to contribute to the expansion of Reall’s funding base. This will be achieved by attracting new finance from major institutional donors (amongst others) and managing the relationships you build.
We develop, refine and share innovative housing models that unlock the political will, capital investment and end-user finance needed to create the conditions for hard- working families in Africa and Asia to secure their own home.
We do this because affordable homes not only provide a fundamental human right, they unleash unimaginable human potential to shape a future of gender parity, climate resilience, clean water and air, renewable energy and socioeconomic justice. We believe that the best way to realise this future is by working in open collaboration using an open-source approach, so that the best ideas can be adapted and adopted around the world. You will be part of building an affordable homes movement that will improve the lives of 100 million people across Africa and Asia by 2030.
This role will be based in Coventry, though it may require occasional international travel. You will be working 35 hours per week, with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break, and office hours are 9am to 5pm. We are open to flexible working patterns, subject to the objectives and outcomes of the role being met. We are a small team (35 people) who achieve big things!
For more information please visit Reall's website.
- Secure new large-scale finance through researching and progressing funding opportunities
- Programme and proposal design, bid writing, pitching and developing performance measurements, in line with the wider fundraising strategy
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong relations with potential funders
- Manage funder due diligence assessments, monitor progress against agreed funder targets, fulfil funder reporting requirements, and ensure compliance with other contractual obligations
- Monitor trends and opportunities across institutional donors, major foundations and the impact investing sector
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder needs within the institutional donor, major foundations and impact investing space
- Contribute to the ongoing development and revision of Reall’s fundraising and funder relations strategy
- Lead on designated networking and presenting opportunities
- Develop, maintain and update effective CRM / management information system
Education: A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification
Experience: At least four years’ experience in major fundraising and funder relationship management within the international development space
- Experience of securing funding from and working with major institutional donors, large foundations and/or multilateral bodies
- Proven experience of proposal development, bid writing and pitching, grant contract management, funder reporting and monitoring
- Effective relationship manager
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy including word-processing, databases, spreadsheets
- Strong research skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good numeracy skills and ability to analyse and report on financial performance
- Understanding of and experience in the international development sector
- Understanding of the social enterprise and impact investment space
- Experience of financial services products
- Great communicator
- Systematic and thorough
- Learning attitude
- Conscientious and responsible
- Constructive, flexible and helpful
- Culturally sensitive
- Works well under pressure
- Innovative and entrepreneurial
- Able to work with minimal supervision, use initiative and drive results
- Able to prioritise own workload and to see a task through from start to finish
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.