Red Rose Recovery is exclusively recruiting for a strong dynamic leader to drive forward and create a culture to support the ethos of the organisation and provide value based, clear and mission-driven strategic leadership to both Red Rose Recovery (RRR) and the Lancashire User Forum (LUF).
You will have responsibility for the organisation as a whole, including all income and expenditure, financial related matters, risk, governance and performance ensuring the organisation meets all its legal and regulatory requirements. You will ensure financial sustainability and growth and be responsible for the delivery of the strategic plan. You will lead an organisation where teamwork is essential but where individual skills and co-production leadership equally need fostering. You’ll act an ambassador for the organisation and inspire the organisation and drive progress with the same determination and compassion demonstrated in our operational delivery.
- Hope- inspiring people to believe that sustainable recovery is possible for everyone.
- Commitment - working passionately to improve the lives of those in recovery.
- Respect - judging and valuing people for who they are and where they are going, not what they have been.
- Community - connecting people together, make recover a reality for the whole community.
- Transformation - changes the lives of those in recovery.
- Legacy – building sustainable recovery for service users, families and communities.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are strongly committed to the aims and ethos of RRR and the LUF and have a desire to bring about positive change in the lives of people in recovery.
- You have proven success in working closely with ambitious Management Teams and/or Boards.
- You are fun, warm, approachable, energetic, confident, outgoing, creative, empathetic, determined, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are confident in presenting to large groups and contributing influentially in meetings.
- You have the capacity to be flexible and innovative in the changing circumstances of a small but wide-reaching charity.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working strategically with the Board of Trustees to deliver our ambitious strategy, identifying opportunities for further growth.
- Ensuring all staff understand and embody the organisation’s mission, strategy, culture and values, so that everyone is supported and equipped to perform to the highest level and meet the fullness of their potential.
- Managing the organisation as a whole, including all income and expenditure and financial related matters, risk, governance and performance ensuring the organisation meets all its legal and regulatory requirements.
- Providing line management to the Senior Leadership Team and ensure it is a well-run organisation where colleagues feel valued and able to work effectively.
- Ensuring there are clear lines of accountability and responsibility across the team which foster and maintain effective working relationships for the organisation.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners, potential funders, corporate partners and agencies.
- Leading internal communications strategy to ensure that RRR’s values are lived day-to- day, and potential for sharing and learning is maximised across the organisation.
- Acting as an ambassador for RRR, networking widely to build new and existing strategic relationships.
- Ensuring the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities and maintain a proactive relationship with the Chair and Trustee Board, supporting them to fulfil their duties and legal and other responsibilities for the proper governance of RRR and the LUF.
- Ensuring full and accurate reporting including the preparation of an annual report and financial accounts, making returns to Charities Commission and reporting back at the AGM.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience gained in a professional environment.
- Experience of working at operational & strategic levels and driving success across organisations and partnerships.
- Excellent leadership skills, line management experience, and the ability to enthuse, motivate and develop teams to deliver results.
- Experience in dealing with multiple tasks, sensitivities and challenges at the same time.
- A track record of driving quality and innovation and encouraging enterprise in others.
- Excellent all-round communication skills and relationship management abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to run an organisation that is compliant with all regulatory and statutory obligations, and which is financially stable.
- Proven track record of securing new business in a tough financial climate.
- Willingness to travel locally across the Lancashire and North West region and nationally as required.