Redbridge Equalities and Community Council is a well-established and hard-working equalities organisation with its roots in community relations and race equality work, based in Ilford, and working mainly in the London Borough of Redbridge.
We have received funding from the National Lottery Community Fund for an exciting project bringing communities together, promoting cohesion and addressing tensions in two of Redridge’s most deprived and divided areas.
We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience to take this project forward. You will need to be able to work constructively with all the statutory agencies, Local Authority, police etc., and with other community organisations. For more information one the role and responsibilities, please see the Job Description attached.
This is a challenging agenda, and the highest priority initially will be to establish and consolidate networks. in addition to delivering this exciting project, you will be working as part of a committed and enthusiastic team to deliver RECC’s broader objectives.
- minimum 2 years in a voluntary organisation
- work in the area of community cohesion
- work with people and communities across a range of protected characteristics
- thorough understanding of UK equalities legislation
- understanding of the working of local authorities and other statutory organisations
- community work
- able to work with people and organisations from ground floor to senior level
- excellent communication skills both written and oral
- strategy development and planning
- able to organise and manage workload and meet deadlines
- ability to attract funding to the organisations
- project planning and management
- policy development
- up-to-date IT skills
- commitment to the principles of community cohesion
- enthusiasm and drive
- able to work as part of a team
- able to get along with co-workers, trustees and volunteers
There is more background information on our website. If you would like further information, or would find it helpful to discuss the post or anything relating to the appointment process, please contact the email address on the application page
Please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be good for this role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.