Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR UK is an international disaster relief charity which saves lives by giving aid workers the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard. RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs and thousands of people each year in everything from providing emergency shelter to staying safe in the field, from project management after emergencies to essential water and sanitation skills and more.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation, with a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals. The RedR UK Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
RedR has offices in the UK and Jordan and works in over 40 countries each year. RedR UK is part of RedR International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
About this role
The Administrator will be responsible for general administrative support across all RedR’s teams including supporting the Hubs with the administration of learning events globally.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing the Purchase Ledger
- Running creditors reports and lists for payment runs from QuickBooks
- Input payments onto online banking
- Allocation of bank payments in QuickBooks
- Reconciliation of creditors
- Input of purchase invoices on Dext Prepare, receipt and invoice processing software
Managing the Sales Ledger
- Allocation of income from banking/other sources within QuickBooks
- Review and action aged debtors.
- Raising refunds where necessary.
- Reconciliation of income to external sources e.g., Salesforce.
- Posting and reconciliation of credit card accounts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Inputting of budgets
- Running reports for business areas
- Creation of new classes in QuickBooks
- Assisting colleagues with financial queries
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by your Line Manager
- All employees are required to adhere to RedR's values of collaboration, excellence, lifelong learning, integrity and accountability.
- Prior experience in similar role.
- Strong bookkeeping skills.
- Confident numerically.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office packages.
- Systematic and efficient, including an ability and willingness to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise confidently with different stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively on a variety of tasks, to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Using initiative and being proactive, with a problem-solving approach to challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable approach as part of small organisation.
- Qualification in Finance or Accounts.
- Prior experience of working in QuickBooks software.
- An interest in Learning and Development.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.