At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our team as a Support Officer
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, flexible and committed Support Officer to join us at our exceptional self-contained accommodation for young parents with complex needs in Hackney. You will be responsible for support plans, risk assessments, customer reviews, undertaking Parenting Assessments, developing parenting skills and independent living skills. You will ideally have experience of working with young parents and have demonstrable experience of parenting work/parenting assessments, family support, child protection and some experience of care proceedings.
• Location: Hackney
• Salary: £23,001 per annum
• Contract: Full time 6 month FTC with possibility of becoming permanent
• Shifts: Week 1: 4 day week, Week 2: 6 day week alternating. Friday–Monday: 10:00am – 6:00pm. Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00am – 4:00pm or 12:30pm – 8:00pm. Required to work every other weekend.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the service is running at exceptionally high standard and meeting all the service specification outlined by commissioners
- Undertaking keywork sessions, support planning, completing risk assessments and needs reviews
- Undertaking parenting assessments and providing support to the parents
- Prepare clear and concise reports for meetings related to the welfare of the child
- Facilitate and encourage effective customer participation, consultation and feedback within the service.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of child development and the impact of abuse on a child’s wellbeing.
- You will have experience of planning 1-1 work with hard to engage parents and undertaking observations as part of the assessment process.
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding legislation
- Completing reports for statutory meetings (child protection/professionals’ meetings etc)
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector and benefit applications
- A good understanding of issues faced by young parents that live in supported accommodation and have statutory services involvement
- A good understanding of steps required before moving on to independent living.
Our [email protected] benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £23,001 per annum
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.