This role is flexible and can be almost entirely remote working with only some requirement to come into the office post Covid restrictions, during Covid restrictions it will be entirely remote.
Refettorio Felix is a Centre for vulnerable people. Central to our service is the provision of a free 3 course, restaurant quality meal made entirely from surplus food that would otherwise go to landfill. Our clients (or guests as we refer to them) are from a variety of backgrunds including those experiencing or at risk of homelessness, rough sleepers, the elderly and those living with mental health conditions. We provide a range of services and activities around the meal service such as showers, laundry, mental health counsellng and training courses.
This is an new and pivotal role; giving the post-holder the opportunity to work closely with our Chief Executive and help to shape the direction of our fundraising strategy. The role would suit an experienced fundraiser who is looking to reduce their hours or someone looking to develop in their second or third role.
Overseeing and creating all grant funding applications and working with a new business focus, the Trusts & Foundations Officer will manage the portfolio of donors and ensure the ndelivery of a successful grants strategy.
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and motivated Trusts & Foundations Officer with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a strong eye for detail. As an integral member of a small team, their responsibilities will include: securing gifts from Trusts and Foundations, keeping in touch with funders to ascertain their priorities, and submitting engaging and well researched funding proposals.
The post holder will need brilliant interpersonal skills to build relationships across and outside of the charity to support the preparation of accurate and thorough proposals/applications and reports. They will need excellent time-management and organisational skills to ensure that proposals and applications are submitted to deadlines. They also need to be comfortable working independently and organising their own pipeline in line with fundraising targets, as well as collaborating with other team members.
Achieve income targets through building excellent relationships with existing funders, and by growing a pipeline of potential new funders
- Actively maintain and grow a portfolio of funders and deliver a robust trust fundraising programme to achieve agreed income targets
- Undertake prospect research into new funding areas
- Development and maintenance of a monthly application schedule ofpotential funders
- Regularly report to Senior Management on key issues and risks within the market
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key contacts to facilitate successful applications; deliver effective stewardship and reporting
- Take the lead in developing high quality grant applications
Writing compelling cases for support and reports
- Develop appropriate and compelling cases for support that underpin successful trust and foundation fundraising , working closely with colleagues to ensure compatibility of objectives
- Maintain a strong link with the Care team to improve quality of information from projects, adapting their reports into periodic updates adaptable for trusts and major donors, and gather additional impact stories when required
- Active monitoring of the financial needs of each project and of progress towards agreed outcomes
To undertake other duties, projects and responsibilities
- Ensure all data on trusts and grants are kept up to date on the Salesforce database and managed in compliance with GDPR and internal policies
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and colleagues across the organisation, and work closely with colleagues to deliver an integrated programme of fundraising activity
- Be constantly learning and growing, keeping up with fundraising trends and taking responsibility for your personal development
- Carry out other duties as required
Skills and experience
- Track record in trusts fundraising
- Outstanding written communication skills, with proven ability to write high quality proposals, detailed budgets and reports
- Skilled at building and managing relationships, including the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of individuals, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to work cross organisationally, which in this role would be used to develop projects and create compelling cases for support
- High degree of personal organisation and self-management, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines
- Numerate and IT literate, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent packages
- Attention to detail
- Ability tto attend evening meetings, conferences as appropriate to the needs of the job
- Experience researching, collating, preparing and submitting multiple funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
- Experience of developing and maintaining key relationships with trusts and foundations over a sustained period, and a thorough understanding of how charitable trusts and foundations operate